Lexus LFA

Nokkers3

:
Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Saw a commercial for it earlier tonight on TV and so I looked it up. This car is pure sex. I just wish I had an extra 350k laying around...

http://www.lexus.com/LFA/

LFA_wall_1280_ext3.jpg

I'm not feeling the commercial at all. I don't see how putting the car in a sterile environment on a roller and showing that the exhaust resonance will shatter a wine glass is the best way of marketing a supercar. Put it on the road and have a driver tear up some twisties instead.

I'm surprised this car is only putting out 550hp. I feel like it should have a lot more.

yeah some video on youtube had an LFA vs GTR 1/4 mile race and the GTR only lost by a millisecond or something like that, it was way to close for a car thats worth 350k vs 80k.

I'm not feeling the commercial at all. I don't see how putting the car in a sterile environment on a roller and showing that the exhaust resonance will shatter a wine glass is the best way of marketing a supercar. Put it on the road and have a driver tear up some twisties instead.

Agreed. But as it stands the commercial is cool, just not the best representation of the car.

I saw this car in person at the chicago auto show! And it freaking sexy!!! Costs alot but yeah... crazy good looking. You have to be put on some kind of waiting list, and have to pass all kinds of financial requirements in order to even have one. You have to own or owned a few other supercars in order to order one to. So the joe blow that just won the lottery wouldnt be able to get one. Lexus is trying to make the car very exclusive to only a certain demographic of people. The insanely rich so that it brings the image of Lexus and the LFA to a higher luxury standard like Porsche or Lambo. I did tons of research on the car after seeing it at the auto show lol. Even Top Gear flat out said the car was waaaaaay overpriced. I saw the same commerical too and was surprised they made a commerical about it. The GTR losing by only millseconds is crazy though... just goes to show the engineering behind the GTR.

They may be overpriced, but all 500 have been sold before the first one is even produced. Lexus was very specific about the people they offered the car to. That's right, they went and FOUND buyers. You have to be the type of person that will be driving it. They don't want the car going to a collector who's going to stash it away for his own enjoyment. They don't want the car going to someone who's going to turn around and sell it right away.

Last edited:
some people fail to see the compairison. i mean, look at how many cars can beat lamborgini's and ferrari's. its the whole super car package that buyers look into, its kind of a way to say HEY LOOK, IM RICH AND I ENJOY BEING RICH

man that thing is SICK! but in the video it sounds just like one of my cars in Grand Turismo very PS2...ahahahaha

exactly, its funny most people on here dont really realize the rev this car has. its pretty much a formula 1 racecar. lol

I don't know if you meant this to be tongue-in-cheek, but the LFA only revs to half of what the current F1 engines go up to. They're small displacement (2.4L) V8, so they have a pretty short stroke and can spin really fast (limited to 18,000).

I'll say that the LFA sounds awesome, though. It seems like such a smooth engine with a wide and flat powerband, which is perfect.

idk, i just feel like the money your spending on this car you should see more. My friend bought a charger for 15k that is putting out the same hp.

It's
WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAYWAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY...
more than just horsepower with a car like the LFA.
And that's a gross understatement.

Back