HKPRO5's Turbo Build Thread.

HKPRO5

:
Supercharged Protege5
Updated 2/15/12

My Current list of parts

AEM FIC
Used Head (to be checked out and put on when the install day comes)
Ported/ VTCS delete Intake manifold
3" Magnaflow exhuast (painted black)
Prosport EVO Boost Gauge
Prosport EVO Oil Pressure Gauge
AEM Wideband (O2 Sensor needs to be replace)
Blitz FATT Turbo Timer

Things I would like to do before install day.
-Have the head checked and put together
-replace drivers side lower control arm
-replace rear wheel bearings (both)
-complete wiring panel (for gauges) and AEM mount behind glovebox

-

Last edited:
Did you check out yellowmsp035's part-out thread? It's epic. Especially if you're doing a turbo build.

Not too sure. But It was suggested that I get it. (for the brake booster or something)

If you're planning on staying at that boost level, I suggest going with the Begi FPR and the FM o2 voltage clamp. Works great and VERY VERY easy to tune.

Nope not at all. I've actually got the old style o2 clamp sitting at my house because I bought one of their new style ones. If you went that way for tuning I'd sell it to ya pretty cheap.

Trying to get a hold on everything. So is this how it would go?

Somewhat.... Also where does the bpv go?

Untitled.png

the BPV is in lieu of a BOV, and recirculates your boost when you shift instead of venting it to open air... you need a line going from the red circle back to the intake. the forge you're getting is 5/8" in (from hot or cold pipe) and 5/8" back to the intake. its a little small, i know i get turkey with it. if you dont want turkey, you generally need a 1" fitting on a regular BOV (HKS, greddy, et. al.) and get the matching fitting on the intake.
since youre going FMIC and hacking up your intake i was really surprised you wanted the BPV, you might want to consider skipping the forge and going straight to a recirculated BOV. most of the reason people skip recirculating a BOV in the MSP world is because you have to hack up an intake and weld a 1" fitting on it, but since youre hacking up yours anyways and will have to get a 5/8 fitting welded on, you might really want to consider going with something nicer than the forge. i can of course be flexible if you decide you want to go that route.

also the link you posted wasnt about the check valve on the brake boost, that one had something to do with the EVAP system - and i had no idea that particular valve was on turbo's only. ill dig around for info on the brake boost as well.

Ahh ok ok So I dont need the forge BPV then?....I guess you can cut that out too. lol

Looking for intercooler kits right now. too bad shipping is so crazy..... I think I might just buy an intercooler and get my own piping. (tig that b****....lol)

Other than that just doing reseach for now. Im also making a paint of how I think the intercooler set up will go. again post comments please. lol

The MSP check valve prevents pressure from building in the gas tank. Doesn't matter too much at low boost. It's more of a safety precaution and a good one at that.

Back