CorkSport SRI Intake for the 2004-2009 Mazda 3

Please pardon my ignorance(encourage. But hopefully you can understand how the uninformed would want some "proof" even if it is bull shat. I totally agree on their exhaust, looks good, sounds good, quality materials and techniques(cool). I want that system on my car, I just have to burn mine up first to justify the purchase for my wife. BTW chibana, do you have this short ram on your car now? Any heat soak problems? that is my biggest worry on an sri, but i am not sure about a cai because of hydrolock. I am more than uninformed on this stuff, I only have clues because of what I have researched(dunno).

I don't have much concern for heat soak, since the vast majority of miles on this car are highway miles. I can't imagine heat soak is going to be a problem when I'm blasting air into the engine bay almost all the time. I wonder if CorkSport is still planning on doing some sort of heat shield, though? I'm not totally sold on those doing all that much, unless they have their opening directed to the front of the car. The Simota one simply had an opening on the bottom of the carbon fiber box around the filter, and I'm not convinced this would do much for heat soak. However, I'll take some slightly higher intake temps over another shorted out MAF sensor from a cold air intake any day. I won't do another CAI on any of my cars unless it has the water filter like the K&N ones do, and then I wonder how much power and torque you lose to that filter?

Back