Wheels all chewed up because I am a schmuck

circninja

:
2010 Mazda 3 S Sport
Hey!

Newish to the forum, it's great. I wish I had started reading this a year ago. Anyways, I never owned a car with fancy alloy wheels before and didn't quite realize how delicate they could be to scrapes, scuffs, and chips. My stock wheels are looking a bit sad.

I'm a little OCD so I'm sure I notice more than others, but still, it bothers me.

Obviously I need to be more careful with approaching curbs and such, but is there something I can do to treat the wheels in the future such that they are less prone to injury? What I expect I'll do is get some snows for next winter (also unprepared for this this winter - my last car was a bad old Kia Sportage, but 4x4) and put those on the chewed up rims and maybe get some new ones and new tires when my all-season tires die.

Also - I'm more of a stock kind of guy, I don't need insane neon wheels or really aggressive looking ones, so if you have any recommendations or understated/classy looking rims let me know.

Thanks!

I'm for real OCD. Trust me before I started taking pills anything that happened to the car would depress me for a couple days. Now it's not bad.

I would say if you are for real OCD go and get pills.

Lol while this is off-topic I wasn't this way until I upped the dosage for my ADD meds, now I can focus long and hard on how annoying details like scuffed rims bother me.

Back