MBSP (Main Bearing Support Plate) removal?

krausean

:
Mazda Protege5
Hi everyone...as the title suggests i'm trying to figure out how to remove the Main Bearing Support Plate. I have removed the oil pan and all bolts holding the plate in place (as far as I know). I have been prying at the plate for a while and cannot get it to move at all! I did find a thread on another forum saying there might be a couple of bolts in the tranny but it was never confirmed by anyone.

Is there anybody that has removed the MBSP and has some clarification on the subject?

Thanks,

Andreas

There are a couple of bolts only accessable by removing the tranny and my friend says he had to also remove the flywheel as well.

FS-DE%20Bottom%20End%20Modified%203.jpg

Hi everyone...as the title suggests i'm trying to figure out how to remove the Main Bearing Support Plate. I have removed the oil pan and all bolts holding the plate in place (as far as I know). I have been prying at the plate for a while and cannot get it to move at all! I did find a thread on another forum saying there might be a couple of bolts in the tranny but it was never confirmed by anyone.

Is there anybody that has removed the MBSP and has some clarification on the subject?

Thanks,

Andreas

Last edited:
Thanks a pile for the help guys! The picture really helps! I'll probably end up doing the clutch while I'm at it

Back