Thread: Ken @ Protege Garage Is THE MAN

Ken @ Protege Garage Is THE MAN

Sup Guys,

I am here to fill everyone one in on a journey I have been through with My car and how Ken has been a big part of it in Many ways. My Mazdaspeed 3 was fully bolted:

Cobb ap, cpe fmic, cpe cai, pg inlet, a REAL GT3076R with T3 Mani flange + v band downpipe, Custom hand made tube manifold which dropped turbo 3 inches to get a actual str8 flow into turbo no bent tubes here, and a custom 3" catless dp + 38MM Tial Externally dumped, Devils Own (DO5)Nozzle running 70/30 mix, tuned to 11.2-11.4 AFR @ 20PSI

Manifold + dp EWG Fab:

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ro...mazda-3-a.html

Anyone Notice a VERY important mod missing in my list ?

......Keep thinking.............

????????? Fuel Pump ??????????????

this is the shit ass journey I have been through, I got my first set of KMD v1 Internals from pg, failed, Ken replaced with Carpe Diem Internals -Failed, sent another pair of carpe Diem -Failed, Send a third set of carpe Diem -Failed(at this point I had in my possesion 2 pair of internals at once without returning the previous, shows some trust from Ken)

At this point I asked Ken for my money Back, He gave me a full refund no questions asked.

I decided to give it one more shot. I reordered and payed for KMD v2 Internals and OMG they were fucking working !!!!!!

about 6-7k Miles Later BOOM.......#3 Rod blew holes in front and rear of Block. After ALL this time and I never suspected internals to be damaged or the cause. When I tore engine down to stock and took internals out of pump they were very SCORED and very well seized almost impossible to move. #5 Internals Failed and a blown engine.

Ken replaced with PTP Internals for me, i think ptp may be charging more then Ken for his internals and Ken did not ask for a difference in price or anything, and despite the heavy heavy losses Ken has taken which includes KMD not paying ken back for the KMD v2 internals he just ate, he went further and just Mailed me a Brand new set of pistons and rods to rebuild my engine with.

In conclusion Despite the shitty experiences I have had in relation with protege Garage, the Customer service and sole Owner has Bent Backwards to make sure his name is in Integrity and we are taken care of. Plain and fucking simple

SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH KEN @ PG

motor build in progress

HIS: 2005 RX-8 WWP GT 6MT* HERS: 2006 Speed6 BCM 6MT**

Always great to hear a good story of a vendor going out of their way to take care of a customer. Sorry to hear about your engine.

*05 RX-8 WWP, GT, MT, AFE STS, COBB AP MM Custom Tune, BHR Ignition, AEM CAI, Agency Power CBE + Dual Resonated Midpipe, Racing Beat Sway Bar Endlinks, Progress Technology Sport Springs and FSB, Koni Sport Struts, MS Strut Bar, HPS Brake pads F/R, ATE Super Blue Fluid, HK Drive+Play, Racing Beat Gauge pod, Prosport Oil Pres, Water & Oil Temp, SS Strakes
    **06 Mazdaspeed 6 Black Cherry, MT, HPS, PG SRI, COBB TIP, DENSO ITV22, Corksport IC, Cobb AP

P1kaChu Haz P4rts 4 yU0 Captain KRM P5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

hey thanks for the kind words. if you need any help on your build just let me know.

GT Mazdaspeed3, Cosmic Blue

To add to the awesomeness of Ken and his customer service.....I recently purchased their full FMIC kit, powdercoated black with the PG logo on the top pipe for a fabulous price. Well a mix up occured and I received regular pipes with no logo. After only a couple hours of my e-mail Ken replied and assured me that he would take care of it and would have the correct pipes for me this saturday at the mazda meet at OCC. From now I'll only order parts for my car from Ken @ protegegarage
    08' Cosmic Blue MazdaSpeed GT
    Engine Mods:
    - Protege Garage FMIC
    - COBB SRI
    - COBB TIP
    - COBB AccessPort
    - Turbosmart BPV
    - PTP pump internals
    - Corksport Test-Pipe
    - Magnaflow Cat-Back
    - Denso ITV22's
    Drivetrain:
    - COBB Shifter
    - COBB Knob
    - COBB shift weight
    - TRZ tranny mount
    - SU RMM
    - SU shifter spacers

Undisputed Parts God ScratchNSniff's Avatar

Way to Many

I thought THEMAN was THE MAN???

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/member.php?u=2241

P1kaChu Haz P4rts 4 yU0 Captain KRM P5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

Quote Originally Posted by ScratchNSniff View Post
    I thought THEMAN was THE MAN???

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/member.php?u=2241
    oh edwin

Quote Originally Posted by SallySpeed3 View Post
    To add to the awesomeness of Ken and his customer service.....I recently purchased their full FMIC kit, powdercoated black with the PG logo on the top pipe for a fabulous price. Well a mix up occured and I received regular pipes with no logo. After only a couple hours of my e-mail Ken replied and assured me that he would take care of it and would have the correct pipes for me this saturday at the mazda meet at OCC. From now I'll only order parts for my car from Ken @ protegegarage
    thanks man
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.