30000 Coming up

koston33

So I'm about to hit 30000 on my sunlight silver 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT. Anyways I figure this is the checkpoint for necessary maintenance. What are the recommendations. Or should I just follow the guide.

Ha! I'm in the same boat as I just bought it used about 3 months ago and I currently have just under 28k on the car. I've got a road trip to Florida in 2 weeks, I'll probably bring 'er in for service when I get back. I should be just at 30k then

do oil, trans fluid, inspect serpentine belt, air filter, cabin air filter, inspect cv boots, powersteering boots, inspect susp system and all moving parts on the control arms, check your tires and pressure(including the spare), look at your brakes/pads, and top off all fluids. maybe even check out your plugs and replace as needed... eff going to the dealer it aint worth it unless your not mechanically inclined.

just hit 31K and all I did was oil, plugs and that's it. However I will be bring it in to get the trans fluid changed tho, hopefully its not gonna cost me a crap load just to do the trans fluid/filter change.

Ya I'm just going to change the trans fluid. I just got an oil change, and I changed my plugs to one step colder about a year ago.

anyone know what the dealer charges for a trans fluid service? Just curious so I don't get sticker shock when I bring it in this week.

I think he was trying to tell me like 150. Gay. Ill get the fluid and go to a local shop and get it done for way cheaper.

are you serious? 150! geeeeeeeez I'll call my service guy and ask to see if that's really the price for a simple trans service, damn wish my job didn't take so much of my time so I can do it myself.

got my own oil and oil filter. Couldn't source a cabin air filter. But dealer said that it would only 180 less the cost of whatever I bring with me. Hopefully they won't find anything outside of the warranty that needs replacing.

ok...
and the damage is
$165.78 after tax. That was for the schedule 1, 30k maintenance (provided my own oil, and oil filter)

Recommended services:
Fuel Injection Service - $155.00
Brake Fluid Flush - $125.00
Power Steering Fluid Flush - $135.00
Right Rear Tire Replacement - $192.00 + tax (Goodyear Eagle GTs)

I'm gonna do all of the fluids myself, cuz those prices are ridiculous.

ok...
and the damage is
$165.78 after tax. That was for the schedule 1, 30k maintenance (provided my own oil, and oil filter)

Recommended services:
Fuel Injection Service - $155.00
Brake Fluid Flush - $125.00
Power Steering Fluid Flush - $135.00

might as well bend over, your getting raped with those services and prices. I work at toyota which I know is different than mazda but at 30k I would never recommend those services to a customer so soon. what a freakin joke. unless theres some serious problems with your car those fluids and the injectors should be all good still.

its called a slow economy.

I know for that none of those things actually needed to be done, but the service dept is more than likely trying to drum up some biz.

No worries though, I spent a total of $25 and did all of the "recommended services" myself this afternoon.

plus I stepped it up to DOT-4 while I was at it

Back