Our new project car: RallyX-7

What are ya'll using for data logging nowadays? Also: That looks like stupid fun :D

Last edited:
Oh god, that definitely was not one of my better runs.....
Unfortunately, we tried mounting the GoPro inside on the hatch glass and the angle was not good, so those videos are scap. I ran AM only, and Shawn ran all day. We also had 2 co-drivers in the car running the other heat, so we are definitely pushing the car.

Here is Katie's second run from the morning.

And then you also have things like this.... What happens when you forget to press that button on the suction cup mount that says press?

So, it's been a while since I updated this thread.
In July, Phillly SCCA had a rally-x at Dover Speedway, so we drug the beast across the bridge to check it out. This was our first "traditional" rally-x, which means that it was open without a permanent set course. The course was fairly flowing and then they ran it in reverse in the afternoon.
The course had a vicious rut and you can see it around 55 seconds in here.
We had to miss the September DC event but were back at Summit Point in October. We talked a friend into joining us and he loved it. The videos below are from his camera. I think Shawn and I were going for the crazy hands award.
Danny:
Us:

We ended the season with a bang. We had 4 people in 2 different classes in the car at the last event, and as noted in the picture below, the course was quite loose in spots and we were having a lot of fun.
file-98.jpg

Morning Run:
Afternoon Run:

After my 4th run of the afternoon, the lower radiator hose decided to break and bleed coolant all over the finish. In addition, the old battery decided to die as well. Considering that we had gotten 27 runs in that day and only lost 1, we considered it a good day. Not to mention that the battery was seriously old, and the radiator hose is located underneath the oil filter and looked like it might be original. Ordered new hoses, popped a new battery in and we're set for next season. Need to wash the car and send it off to the fabricator to get a skidplate welded on over the winter. Once that is complete, we're picking up a tow rig and I'm sure we will have plenty of stories for next year. :)

New year, new class. For 2012, the Modified classing now matches Prepared and Stock. This means instead of M4 and M2, we now have MF, MR and MA. So, I put on the new vinyl R today:

IMG_1728.JPG

You can also see the mud that came off as I was washing the car. Yes, that is a concrete driveway, and no it should not be nearly that dark.

Checklist for 2012:

Skidplates- check:

RX-7 finally has skid plates, yay!!! Yes, that is plural. Because of the placement of the front crossmember, it got 2 skid plates, one to protect the radiator and one for the oil pan.

Here is the front one for the radiator:
IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

And you can just see the other one further back in this photo:
IMG_1757.JPG

Tow Vehicle- check:

First rally-x of the season is on the 18th, so we really needed to get a tow vehicle and we found one 2 weeks ago.

IMG_1752.JPG

It's a 2006 Ford E350 with a V10 engine, rated for 8,600lbs. towing so it should take care of our needs for a while.

Trailer- check:

Picked this up this morning.
2012-03-14

Tires- check:

We got 4 tires from this pile and another 4 hiding in the garage waiting to be mounted on Friday.
IMG_0153.jpg

Cannot wait until Sunday. :)

Latest posts

Back