16" Wheels

:
2006 Mazda 5 Touring
Anyone have experience with any certain brands/models of 16" wheels? I apparently have dented 3 of my 4 OEM wheels on my '06 Mazda 5. I'd like to try the 16" wheels since I've had to replace tires and shocks (and now wheels) more often than I would like, and anything that softens up the ride, even at the expense of a little handling, would be welcome at this point.

I guess I don't want the cheapest option or the best looking option, maybe somewhere in the middle. What's the specs I should be looking for and what tires are going to fit?

I run 16" for my winter set-up and i have no problem at all. I will run 16"x8" in about 2 weeks with stretched 205/50. :)D)

For Canadian GS models 205/55R16 are OEM tires. You can't go any smaller than 16" due to the size of the brake calipers. You might be able to find someone with OEM 16" wheels that they're willing to part with. Frankly I like the look of the OEM 16's better than the OEM 17's.

I run 16" for my winter set-up and i have no problem at all. I will run 16"x8" in about 2 weeks with stretched 205/50. :)D)

I still have 1 winter left on my Yoko IG20s. I think I will go with 16 ansd steelies next time and buy those chrome lip caps whatchamacallitt thingies.

If I had lots of money bring a hole in my pocket, I'd go 16's all-year on the 5. Seeing that I'm not going to get rid of my 17" stock rims, I'll probably just try to find better tires next year to help with the ride and noise.

In the winter I run the GS size - 205/55R16 and the ride is great, and half the noise of my summer stock tires. Should be the other way around.

Back