Motor Mount Question

Stickman

:
3 P5
While I was checking for other issues under the hood, I noticed that the passenger side motor mount is torn. Drivers side looks OK. I don't seem to have any problems driving w/ the torn mount. If I replace the one, will that cause more stress on the weaker ones, and destroy them sooner?
Should I replace the passenger side mount, or just keep driving it as it is?
Pros, cons?
Thanks.

If they are stock motor mounts then replacing the one wont cause any stress as long as it is also stock. but if your thinking about getting awr motor mounts which are stiffer you might want to invest in all of them.

Replacing it is always a good idea. I torn mount can cause stress on the other mounts leading to problems with shifting if its a MTX and even axle failure.

I replaced my passenger side mount with AWR mounts. 4 months later, I had to replace them all because that one was a lot stiffer and the rest were torn.

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

872e2e34.jpg

If they are stock motor mounts then replacing the one wont cause any stress as long as it is also stock. but if your thinking about getting awr motor mounts which are stiffer you might want to invest in all of them.

I agree...if you want stiffer/solid mounts, get them all instead of just one or two. They will only wear out the remaining stock mounts faster. Your car will vibrate a lot but it's better than having excess engine movement. My stock front was ripped, the passenger side was completely disconnnected exactly like the front mount in the pic above and the rear was demolished. Surprisingly the transmission mount was still fully intact.

Back