2011 Mazda2

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
I had a chance to really look close at a Mazda 2 yesterday at Mazda in Irvine yesterday. (Jake one of our engineers) and I spent the entire day measuring and looking at various parts of the Mazda 2 in order to get ideas for parts to make.

There were over 20 items we collected information on to build parts for the soon to be released in North America Mazda 2. We looked at everything from intakes to motor mounts. Be sure to check out our blog for updates once we receive our Mazda 2 we ordered.

-Derrick

Thats very interesting! In my opinion some things that have to be developed are:

1.Motor Mounts
2.Torque damper
3.Short Shift
4.Bucket seat mount and abs canceller
5.front AND rear antiroll bar

I'll make a new topic in the Greek mazda2club and ask users for things that would desire.

The Mazda 2 is going to be in North America in July. I am thinking middle of the month like the Mazdaspeed 3 was last year.

As for parts we are looking at building we are looking at 1, 3, 5 already.

Thank you
Derrick

I meant airbag canceller but also an abs canceller would be very very good!!
I'm in contact with a racing team in japan and they told me that we can't just remove the fuse because other systems will also be affected.

We will have to get the Mazda 2 here to look at the systems for the airbags and ABS.

I am not sure how the systems compare to some of the other models of Mazdas.

-Derrick

Thanks for the update, Derrick! (2thumbs)

I don't even have a Mazda2 (Demio in Japan) but I'm super excited to see what CorkSport will offer...Please do keep us updated with plenty of juicy details & (pics).

We will have to get the Mazda 2 here to look at the systems for the airbags and ABS.

I am not sure how the systems compare to some of the other models of Mazdas.

-Derrick

The ABS is the big thing. If you drive it you'll understand why we say so it makes hard driving a bit unsafe.

Indeed. The problem with the Mazda2 is that it's so light that it's easy to get a rear wheel cocked in the air at even modest cornering velocities. And under heavy braking, the rear end comes completely unloaded. The rear drums lock, ABS kicks in, and you suddenly have the ABS chattering away at well below the locking threshold of the front brakes.

Another thing to look at might be some geometry or maybe anti-roll bar modifications to give the car more front-end bite. :D Excited to see what else you guys can think of, besides that.

Another thing to look at might be some geometry or maybe anti-roll bar modifications to give the car more front-end bite. :D Excited to see what else you guys can think of, besides that.

We are already looking at suspension upgrades like anti-sway options. We should have a decent selection of parts available when the car is launched here in July.

-Derrick

Some other parts that would be very helpfull for sport and trackday use:

1.Oil cooler with thermostat
2.Exhaust manifold
3.Head gasket for more compression(stock is only 10:1)
4.Lightweight flywheel
5.Bigger throttle body
6.Oil pan baffle plate
7.rear brake disk kit :O)

Who knows on a Mazdaspeed version. I havent heard a hint of one except for the kitted out Mazda 2 from a few years ago shown in Japan.

-Derrick

I heard that there will not be Mazdaspeed version. Too much money for R&D of new motor, drivetrain, gearbox etc....

Is mazda just offering the bodykits instead? Just curious. My sister is interested in them and would like the bodykit on it if she wants it.

There will probably be M'Z Tune body kits and AutoExe will have some parts as well.

-Derrick

Mazda 2s are at various ports in North America now. I guess there is some port work which is delaying delivery of the cars. Hopefully shortly.

Derrick

Mazda 2s are at various ports in North America now. I guess there is some port work which is delaying delivery of the cars. Hopefully shortly.

Derrick

About a year ago, I saw a show that went into the details of all of the items that the ports tend to. I had no idea!!! I used to think that they just rolled the cars from the boat to the port parking lot to await car transporter.(burnout)

Back