2009 Mazda5 on 18x8 and 18x9... Daily

norcal in the east bay with some of the worst potholes in the world.. lol....

(seen em 2 feet deep on freeways for gods sake!!!!) hence the 18s only

Hey Red, thanks for the compliment. As for the Springs...see the link.

Aloha Tilly, the ride is pretty stiff, as you can imagine....close to no side wall give, but my worst nightmare would be to take out a curb, that's why....just in case, I have a fifth wheel on the standby. Don't get me wrong.... I still have good suspension (just dropped a little lower) But it's not kidney damaging. As for rubbing, not yet, (knock on wood) Pretty even wear on the tire's (didn't need to get it wheel-aligned). And for a full load everytime (4 kids, plus me & my wife). No problem's at all.

Hey Red, thanks for the compliment. As for the Springs...see the link.

Aloha Tilly, the ride is pretty stiff, as you can imagine....close to no side wall give, but my worst nightmare would be to take out a curb, that's why....just in case, I have a fifth wheel on the standby. Don't get me wrong.... I still have good suspension (just dropped a little lower) But it's not kidney damaging. As for rubbing, not yet, (knock on wood) Pretty even wear on the tire's (didn't need to get it wheel-aligned). And for a full load everytime (4 kids, plus me & my wife). No problem's at all.

Thanks(rei)
Have you put anyone in the rear seats? Mine rides fine with everyone inside, just when I have a load or another body in the back I get some major rubbing...so thinking about switching over to the H&Rs...but thinking about the progress springs too, so, not sure which I should try out... I'm in Cali, so we drive like demons out here on the freeways...I've bent a rim before on a railroad track...so I could understand your fears...(yes)

Lookin good, but for sure...... it'll look way better as soon as you drop it. As for me, I settled for 19 X 8.5 MRR wheels, with 215/35/19 tires (rubber bands on wheels...really stiff but looks different...especially in Maui Hawaii. Oh yeah, I used HR Springs for taking away the wheel well space...
What’s the offset on those wheels?

Back