Stock TMIC Cover on an Aftermarket TMIC

skallen

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Just curious if this would even fit on an ETS TMIC.. Not sure how much wider, if at all they are. I would like an aftermarket TMIC but would like to hide it as much as possible from the dealership. I don't want to ruin my warranty. Is this do-able???

Last edited:
If all you're worried about is taking it to the dealer should a problem arise, one of the great things about an upgraded TMIC is it should take what? 10 minutes to swap out? The only aftermarket TMIC I've seen that incorporates the stock cover is the Autoexe one, and I believe that's why it costs $1500, haha.

If all you're worried about is taking it to the dealer should a problem arise, one of the great things about an upgraded TMIC is it should take what? 10 minutes to swap out? The only aftermarket TMIC I've seen that incorporates the stock cover is the Autoexe one, and I believe that's why it costs $1500, haha.

Thats correct, the only one that will allow the stock cover is the Autoexe, and it is beyond expensive for what it is !! Swapping the stock one back on for oil changes, or what not is only a 20-40 minute job depending on how particular you are, and your level of mechanical knowledge. It's 3 bolts, and 4 hoses, 2 on the bpv, and 2 clamps for the hot & cold side of the intercooler. There couod be 4 extra bolts if you choose to remove the shroud from the aftermarket tmic, but the last time I switched mine back to stock I left the shroud on.

quick question, do you reuse the flanged pipe from the stock tmic or do the ETS come with a new one?

quick question, do you reuse the flanged pipe from the stock tmic or do the ETS come with a new one?

Once you take the stock TMIC off you will see how that pipe can be taken off. 4 bolts I believe. You will need to use it for the ETS. Shouldn't be too hard.

Back