Eibach Pro Kit vs. H&R Sport Springs

Remspeed3

:
2011 Mazdaspeed3 Sport- LSM w/tech pkg.
Im trying to figure out if it will be worth changing my pro-kit springs for the H&R sport springs. My main goal here is to get alittle more drop in the front and get rid of the front to back rake look.
Im not interested in coilovers, been there and done that on other cars..plus im not spending the money for the better choices. Some of the pic's i've seen, the drop looks almost identical between the two springs, I will also be running Koni yellows as soon as I get the other front shock where ever it is(FED-EX)(pissed)!!!! Anybody with some good close up pics using the finger gap test would be much appreciated....Please include what size tires your running too! The drops vary from the regular3 to the speed3 with both springs, so im wondering if H&R is using the same drop range(1.3F-1.2R) from the regular3 in there info for the speed3 as well.

Last edited:
I am interested in this as well. I have the yellows with the pro kit and am thinking of switching to the H&Rs. Really im looking for something just a little stiffer.

I am interested in this as well. I have the yellows with the pro kit and am thinking of switching to the H&Rs. Really im looking for something just a little stiffer.
So even if you have your shocks set to Firm its still to soft?

right now its fine for daily driving, but for up in the mountains I would like it a little bit stiffer. I am at full firm in the front and 2 turns past soft on the rear, so almost firm. Going to full firm this weekend.

right now its fine for daily driving, but for up in the mountains I would like it a little bit stiffer. I am at full firm in the front and 2 turns past soft on the rear, so almost firm. Going to full firm this weekend.
I guess I better set mine alittle more firm than what I originally thought then, handling and more control of the rebound is my biggest reasons for buying them.. I drive on the highway everyday at 80 mph so I don't mind them being somewhat soft, hopefully it will be fine for me, + i dont really have any good curvy roads to play on.

I was hoping to get some good pic's and feedback on here to help me make a decision whether or not to go ahead and change the Eibachs...but I guess not!!

You realize to get optimum handling, having the rear more stiff than the front is the way to go. It promotes oversteer, whilest your setup is more for understeer. Just a thought.

and Rem, I sent you a pm bro.

The rears were set as they were because I had no gauge of what it felt like at any setting. So all 4 corners were set as the tmrears are now as a starting point. I just haven't gotten baCk there to readjust them since you have to take them off to adjust. Only had them about 2 weeks so just adjusting the fronts is super easy. I haven't liked the rears as they are since I put them in.

I could only fit one finger in between tire and fender at the front and back. I can fit two fingers at the front if I tilt my hand upward but not straight in. But be advice H&R springs are stiff like a mofo lol. I'm on stock shocks.

I could only fit one finger in between tire and fender at the front and back. I can fit two fingers at the front if I tilt my hand upward but not straight in. But be advice H&R springs are stiff like a mofo lol. I'm on stock shocks.
thanks for the reply, im thinking the difference between the two is the spring rates more so than the drop itself, even tho h&r says 1.3-1.2....thats about the same # of fingers I can get on my Eibach's, the H&R's might be a tad bit lower in the front but not by much.

i have h&r and i have about 1.5 fingers in the front and back. i have about 6000mi with them on my car and 5000 on a car before mine ( got them for $90 on craigslist). the stance and look is a big improvement over stock. but like hugador said, the ride is definitely a lot rougher than stock...but worth it. and if you drive in the winter you are now a plow with h&rs on

Last pics.

000_0003.jpg

000_0004.jpg

000_0007.jpg

yeah, I'm sold now... H&Rs for me. I don't want to be slammed, too many speed bumps around my way, that on top of the fact that my boy has full coils on his STI and its like riding on the floor around here. Winter is not nice to the roads... makes me miss north Florida

Well after all this time, I never got the other front strut that fedex lost..and through all the waiting around THMotorsports sold the last set instead of sending me my replacement! so now Im sending the rest of what I have back and getting my money refunded. Thanks TH for the major headache and run around for almost a month, now i have to wait for somebody else to get them back in stock and the sale will probably be over by then. THMotorsports(notcool)

Last edited:
Back