97 LX sputters?

JoshV1288

:
1997 Mazda Protege LX
I recently replaced my intake (because it tore) with a spectra intake that I built with parts from AutoZone. Ever since then my car wants to sputter in low end til about 2500-2750 Rpms and after that its fine but in the mornings it starts off fine and my check engine light comes on saying MAF sensor Ive had my IAT just hanging there just put it in the cone before I posted this. It may solve the problem.

Can you post a picture of your intake? So we can see what were dealing with, see what might not be hooked up right or in the wrong area?

heres a pic sorry took so long busy this is before i put my IAT in

Attachments

• IMG00204.jpg
    IMG00204.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 165
Where do you have the IAT at? If its not close to the MAF then your not going to be reading the correct air temp.

I have recently changed my MAF with a known good one and am having the same exact problem! My car sputters and runs rough until about 2500-2700rpms and then springs to life. Only mods on my car is a front strut bar. I do get a CEL but it displays a new code every time after resetting the ECU. I plan on changing the spark plugs and see if that helps! Good luck!

Back