Firestone Destination LE

Senn8382

I know everyone hear loves there Yokohamas, but does anyone have any feedback on the Firestone Destination LE? They were ranked 7th last time I checked on tirerack.com. The look comparable to the Michelin LTX, only easier on the wallet.

For $10/tire difference, I would get the best rated tires if I were you.
Tires are so important to safety. We are not talking about $100/tire difference here.
Again, Spec-X is now $10/tire off. So, you are looking at about $140/tire. That is not much difference from the Firestone, which is about $130.
$10 diff!

For $10/tire difference, I would get the best rated tires if I were you.
Tires are so important to safety. We are not talking about $100/tire difference here.
Again, Spec-X is now $10/tire off. So, you are looking at about $140/tire. That is not much difference from the Firestone, which is about $130.
$10 diff!

True, but the Firestone has a 60K warranty and my main interest is due to availability and that fact that it seems like every other month Firestone runs a buy 3 get on free discount which would save a lot. Plus, I have the Firestone Destination AT's on my chevy truck and they have been the best tire I've had hands down, so I was interested in the LE reviews for CX-9's

I'm not sure what people are getting as far as mileage out of the Spex-X before replacement.

I totally agree with Ceric. Just looking at the Firestone, it's going to be a very loud tire, and have poor seam tracking. It's also very truck like. Put a car tire on your car, not a truck tire.
I also can't get past Firestone selling inferior tires with false labeling on them to save a buck.

You may also look at the Yokohama AVID ENVigor. It is already getting consistently good reviews, but won't have quite the traction and cornering of the Parada Spec X. (But longer tread life) Both Yokohamas have a $40 rebate right now at TireRack.

More than likely I'll get the Spec-X. I guess I'm just asking all these questions to delay my purchase. I didn't really expect to be buying new tires after we just bought the car but the H/L 400's are terrible.

Louder is definitely not what I want and if it's more geared towards a truck tire then I'll stay clear of the LE's, it was only in the running since I've had a great experience with my Destination AT's on my truck.

Back