ms6 aftermarket head units

All I wanted from an aftermarket HU was iPod control. After reading about all the hassles with Metra kits and the like, I opted for an Alpine eX-10 dashtop iPod controller. No regrets! It's an amazing little device with by far the best FM modulator I've ever used.

they sell many aftermarket ipod hookup solutions for the stock headunit that are direct connected instead of radio linked.

Batou: I haven't seen one that allowed iPod "control" from the stock head-unit. Here in Ontario, we are no longer allowed to hold (and thus control) our iPods while driving - but we can fiddle with the dash radio all we like. Using the eX-10 is technically against the law, but I have a better chance of talking my way out of a ticket since I'm looking up at the display, not down at my iPod.

Have you considered something like this from GROM audio? I put a GROM aux port in my wife's wagon. She has been happy with it. I put in a different brand in my Speed6, but for the life of me, I can't remember what brand it was.

The XCarLink unit allows you to control the iPod with the radio controls. It works alright, but I only put my iPod on shuffle and let it play. You would have to look at the iPod to do any kind of control aside from skipping forward. It also works with Bluetooth phones if you want.

The XCarLink unit allows you to control the iPod with the radio controls. It works alright, but I only put my iPod on shuffle and let it play. You would have to look at the iPod to do any kind of control aside from skipping forward. It also works with Bluetooth phones if you want.

aye, a bummer but the other solution is spend the big money for the units that actually send song readouts to the console LCD as well as steering wheel control for iPOD.
not the cheapest solution, basically around the same price for a new H/U solution. idk of ccarmichael is still watching this thread, but the solutions of all types are out there, but can be costly.

ill get a basic link for just ipod control and shuffle like keymaster eventually.

Have you considered something like this from GROM audio? I put a GROM aux port in my wife's wagon. She has been happy with it. I put in a different brand in my Speed6, but for the life of me, I can't remember what brand it was.

When they say "full control" that includes full playlist, podcast, artist, genre, etc?

aye, a bummer but the other solution is spend the big money for the units that actually send song readouts to the console LCD as well as steering wheel control for iPOD.
not the cheapest solution, basically around the same price for a new H/U solution. idk of ccarmichael is still watching this thread, but the solutions of all types are out there, but can be costly.

ill get a basic link for just ipod control and shuffle like keymaster eventually.

I'm pretty happy with the eX-10 setup right now. Eventually, I'll put an aux in - but since I have an 04, it's a bit of a pain. The FM modulator actually works REALLY well ever since I removed the external antenna. ;)

Metra kit here. Works fine except for stock display under the storage door is acting strange. ie: It will change the setting itself.

4955735491_02cdbfa783_b.jpg

I realized one of my plugs had came loose. I dont have a problem with it changing settings anymore.

Back