So...what are my tail light options?

A1an

:
2006 Mazda 5 Touring
Long story short...I'm not digging the Alteza-ish tail lights on my 5. If it were silver or white I could deal with it but they really stick out against the dark blue.

I'm in love with the new factory LED lamps. Assuming I could get a set cheap (ha ha) would they be plug and play with my existing harness or would it require some electrical reengineering?

What other options do I have aside from tinting my existing lights? I like the all red European lights but I'm not sure I could get a set over here at a reasonable price.

BUMP. i am intrested in other tail lights also, the previus owner put in altezza's and threw away the stockers. :[

Well, in all honesty, there are a lot of really ditzy soccer moms in 5s rear ending people, all day, every day. Surely there are plenty of front-end totaled ones out there to find some tails at the junk yard.

The key question is whether they'll even work. I can't answer that.

I would still like to tint mine... the entire car is blacked out... but the taillights kill me.

Lyss%20M5%20white%20tails.JPG

Lyss%20M5%20rear.JPG

Sound deadening material and taillight tint... sooner than later.
m.

I think that your tails standing out like that makes it look more futuristic. As in, something we haven't yet seen. I think if you black it all out it will look like a ricer. That's just my opinion. I know people like the completely tinted out look. The problem is that any kid can go to Mallwart and pick up a giant roll of tint and black out the whole car. So many do, that it's starting to make me think that even when I see a Lambo blacked out. The kids have just made it cheap in my opinion. Add $200 in the cheapest Autozone garbage like tire dust caps, door locks, fake carbon fiber dash kits, etc and you finish it off with a roll of Mallwart tint. Be proud of your big 5 LED tails brotha!!!!!

The problem is that any kid can go to Mallwart and pick up a giant roll of tint and black out the whole car. So many do, that it's starting to make me think that even when I see a Lambo blacked out. The kids have just made it cheap in my opinion. Add $200 in the cheapest Autozone garbage like tire dust caps, door locks, fake carbon fiber dash kits, etc and you finish it off with a roll of Mallwart tint. Be proud of your big 5 LED tails brotha!!!!!

Of course the alternative is to do a chrome body job, so that the whole 5 matches the taillights... (ugh)

I found a guy who can import the all red lights from Europe. Hold on to yer butts....345 EURO per side! Yikes! I'll be tracking down those LED lights now. lol

Reminds me of my red buick when we had to replace the front rusted down driver side door with parts from the junk yard. Drove around the city for a week with blue door. At least in your case it is balanced.

If the windows were not tinted so dark, maybe the tail light would have blended a little with the interior.. or with the 'surroundings' as seen through the untinted windows.

anyone knows if i had some issues putting some 225 45 18 on my Mazda 5? i got RX8 rims and usimg 225 40 18

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

Back