Question about Thule cargo carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbike7

:
2007 Touring
Okay I need to ask all you guys that use cargo carriers a question. I just got the factory roof rack for my 2007 Mazda 5 and saw this Thule Expedition cargo carrier for sale in my area. My question is will it fit? The dimensions on the bag are 34'' by 41''. When I measure the distance between the roof racks it is only 32''. Does anyone have this bag ,and will it fit?

http://greenville.craigslist.org/for/1720126118.html

I never use the bag either. Does this Thule bag also come with a protective mat you place on top of the roof to reduce the fabric from rubbing?

I don't think so. Everything I have read about it doesn't mention anything like that. I guess if it is too big I can just not open it all the way.

Allright just a quick update. I bought the Thule carrier bag tonight. It was almost brand new and he still had the box it came in. As for the fit, it was a little snug but once I strapped it to the roof rack there was no problem. Let me tell you when it is fully open this thing is HUGE! You could easily fit two suitcases in it. Best part is I got it for $70. Retail on this thing is like $200. On top of that I got the roof racks for $200+$25 shipping. So for around $300 I have a factory rack and an almost new cargo bag. Damn I feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back