Tinting windshield

coyfish

Pretty sure I read this somewhere. Is this possible? I know it would most likely be illegal but maybe 5% tint. My car is black on black and even with the A/C on max the florida sun is lethal. My windows are pretty dark but the windshield allows so much sun in.

It seems like even a slight tint would make a huge difference.

Thanks for any help.

In most states tinting the front window is very illegal. I wouldn't do it any darker then 35% if I were u. I've seen it done on a couple of cars before and its really dark inside the cars with the other windows 5% It's also very hard to see out of at night.

You can get clear tint that actually is legal and does repel the heat. Look for it online, it's been done before.

Woops my mistake. Didn't mean 5%. I meant VERY light tint. Even though it wouldn't be noticeable from the outside it seems like it would be very beneficial.

Thanks for that zoom. Ill look for it. The heat is rolling around and my car is always hot which gets frustrating.

If you find something, post it please. I need something like this as well. I have tint all around, but I can feel the sun through the windshield.

on my last car, an integra, i had 20% tint all around and 50% on the windsheild. at night, couldnt see a thing in the car from the outside, during day barely see anything.

i used to live in FL, pretty sure you cant get the front tinted except for the top strip...BUT if you go to the doc's and say that the sunlight gives you migranes especially while driving, he can give you a slip that lets you get tint on the windshield legally :D i personally would go with the clear tint that blocks out the UVA and UVB rays though, got it on my moms car for her for an x-mas present and she loved how much cooler her car was during the summer days

Thanks guys. Looking into the clear tint. Will update when I figure out which way I want to go / prices.

Back