Mazda 3 Stereo/Audio Input

Hi,

I own a Mazda Axela 2004 Model (Hatch). I want to use the TomTom iPhone Integration kit in my car but I have no audio-in jack behind my stereo.
Im willing to find a new stereo from later model Mazda's that will fit my car and im wondering if any one can tell me which car model's radio I need to find that will have the audio-in (if any).
Ive been reading that some 2007 Model Mazda 3's have them?

Thanks.

My 2007 Hatch has the auxiliary port in the center council. I can't tell you what model the stereo is, but my car is the Sport Hatchback.

the aux started in 2007, but I'm not sure what the deal with replacing the HU and gaining the feature. find an aftermarket head unit (many people are selling these) or an auxmod.

The console input (ACI) is present on all '07+ Mz3's. The catch is that since '06 the wiring for the LCD on the HU changed and so while a newer HU would work in your car there would be no way to hook up LCD and see what you were doing. Add to that that the ACI hardware is expensive and no one's actually confirmed that it is compatible with the older model HU that works in your car and you're a little stuck.

There are tons of aftermarket audio input options for the '04 model. Check the audio input thread stickied at the top of the electronics forum. What kind of input do you need? Just a simple audio jack? If so then try looking at the grom audio or aux mod basic. The AxM is hard to come by and is actually a little more expensive than the grom so I'd more recommend the grom for you.

you might want to look for an "auxmod". I have a 2004 hatch as well and wanted something to plug my sat radio into.

I believe that kit just like the xm Sirius dock kit has an fm transmitter so no need for extra wires. But you can always buy a line out adapter for an amp kit or a aux input adapter that plugs i'm betwwn the radio and the antenna. This also has one set of RCA jacks to plug whatever you want into a stock or aftermarket radio (mp3, tv, videogames, etc)

Back