Roadtrip -- What to Prepare

tstone

:
2010 Mazda 3 GT
I'm going to be driving my 2010 Mazda3 from Los Angelos, CA to Denver, CO this summer.

• Is there anything I should do to the car to get it ready for that kind of
    distance (1200 miles)?
  • Any tips for extra things I should keep in the car "just in case"?

get some fresh wax on there for maximum aerodynamics! just make sure to let the car idle for a few mins after long drives. and make sure you have the proper tire inflation.

Make sure you have plenty of tunes ready. Satellite radio, ipod, etc.

Bring a quart of oil and check your oil when you gas up. (you should be doing that anyways with an FI car) I would blue tape the front end. But thats just me. Oh and on a serious note, get some gummy bears!

well if you have a real front mask like i do you dont need it, but if you dont it just adds a little bit of protection just in case you get into some bad roads to you dont get all chipped up.

Do it right and get the car clear armored - 3M makes an awesome clear polyvynol masque that goes over the nose its about 600$ installed usually Porsche , Ferrari etc owners get it because its the first and last word in front end chip protection and its nearly invisible and removable withoutdamage. It also covers the outside of the side mirrors , the gas cap , and the front area of the rear tires . Stuff rocks . well rebounds them.....

Last edited:
Yeah thats true , you could buy a black masque that flaps and vibrates and looks like a freshman high school cheap car add-on --- Im not putting you down --it will work and serve the purpose , however if you want a slick , clean and professional long term solution that wont damage the car as those "bras" tend to do from vibrations get the clear armor. + Its invisible unless you get up on the car with a mag glass.

it doesnt flap and vibrate if your not lazy and take your time strapping it down. we have had one on our p5, 6i, and ms6.

and who cares what it looks like it serves as protection.

your car will look a s*** load better than others because you took the time to put the ugly mask on.

Back