Bikingpro5 supercharged Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless the person who created yoga pants

LoL, just look at the website people of Walmart and I would say that statement might change.

Can not wait to see this P5 put back together. Definitely deserved the MOTM.

When you say SS do you mean stainless steel?

Yes, they made 2 versions Stainless steel and Chromoly links for our car.

off their page

Racingline endlinks are much stronger, adjustable, and more responsive than the oem units. These feature allow for a longer life span, effective corner weighting (using L/H &R/H threads), NO CLUNKING and improved sway control.

Each link consists of
-billet 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum turnbuckles that are hard anodized to insure great looks, long term durability and corrosion resistance.
-Rod-end/Hiem joints are TEFLON lined, and are made from a chrome plated chromoly alloy steel for superior strength and durability ( also available are Aurora bearing rodends or Full stainless steel)
-Polyurethane bushings which act as dust boots to keep contaminants out of the bearing race as well as provide load resistance for an improved linear sway bar response. They also provide superior insulation against elevated NVH levels, a condition seen in typical hiem joint style endlinks. Each bushing is graphite impregnated so they will not squeak or need constant lubrication.

*Aurora Bearing is considered by many to be the industry leader in quality rod ends, and are used on many race cars both amateur and professional. They are a 3 piece design, high strength carbon steel with a yellow zinc coating with a TEFLON liner
*Stainless steel is not recommended for cars that are going to see extended track duty, but are strong enough for the occasional track day and northern climates. they are a 3 piece design with a TEFLON liner, and a copper bearing race
*Chromoly series is high strength chromoly steel with a thin chrome dipped coating to aid in corrosion resistance

*Stainless steel is not recommended for cars that are going to see extended track duty

This is because of the chromium content in SS. It does not with stand heavy repeated vibrations very well. The trade off is that chromoly will rust and when stainless gets "rust" on it, it's actually a protective barrier for the chromium.

This is because of the chromium content in SS. It does not with stand heavy repeated vibrations very well. The trade off is that chromoly will rust and when stainless gets "rust" on it, it's actually a protective barrier for the chromium.

see learn something new every day. Since I'm not building a "track" car but a car that gets driven daily i think i should be fine. Cres is getting the Chromoly ones so he should be fine for his autox days.

see learn something new every day. Since I'm not building a "track" car but a car that gets driven daily i think i should be fine. Cres is getting the Chromoly ones so he should be fine for his autox days.

Chromoly is what roll cages are most commonly made out of. You'll be fine, I just wanted to blurb :)

I monitor all technology in the schools of my county. We stand at 83 schools and are growing every year. All our technology is constantly growing and updating. The largest part of my job is talking to tech facilitators and teachers at each school with tech issues. I resolve them from my cubicle. I'm also in charge of every account a user logs into, whether it's a computer, websites, intranet, webportal, email, electronic pay documents, etc. We have 53k users...There are some dumb people in this world :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back