Bikingpro5 supercharged Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, that spoiler and grille look mighty familiar ;)

Nice ride dude, glad I was able to contribute to your build. My CF phase is over and CF on yellow is overplayed anyway.. looks much better on your ride. And +1 on the wheels, they look great except I imagine the ride is awful on those skinny tires and skunk2 coilover sleeves.

But how do you like the Pioneer avic f900bt unit you have in there? I saw it on CarDomain and it looks pretty nice. I've been looking into getting one of those for the MP3.

Hmm, that spoiler and grille look mighty familiar ;)

Nice ride dude, glad I was able to contribute to your build. My CF phase is over and CF on yellow is overplayed anyway.. looks much better on your ride. And +1 on the wheels, they look great except I imagine the ride is awful on those skinny tires and skunk2 coilover sleeves.

But how do you like the Pioneer avic f900bt unit you have in there? I saw it on CarDomain and it looks pretty nice. I've been looking into getting one of those for the MP3.

Ride is not bad as you think as im not on the Skunk2, suspension is Ksports and i drive mostly all highway to work everyday which is great driving. The Pioneer headunit is great i have all of the toys to go along with it, having all the hands free laws around here the bluetooth is great. only downside was no remote but PAC just came out with a fix for that which im installing soon.

And ya thanks for the CF goodies, all of the marks but one came out of the grill. might have to sand it down some more and reclear it again this fall when the car away.

Yea I was impressed with the restoration you did on the spoiler, that thing looked awful when I sent it to you lol.

How is the navigation on that Pioneer HU? I read some reviews on it and they weren't so hot..

Yea I was impressed with the restoration you did on the spoiler, that thing looked awful when I sent it to you lol.

How is the navigation on that Pioneer HU? I read some reviews on it and they weren't so hot..

the Nav works great for the places i've used it to find, but most of those were in the big cities. I know my place is not on my nav and its been there for 15yrs now, but as long as you update the systems like anything else it works great.Only down side is you have to bypass the ebrake to use the nav or bluetooth while driving.

Re adjusted the suspension before i went for an alignment this weekend took the shop 3 hours to align the car..

Added my front plate after getting a warning from the cops to put one on the front or receive a $168 fine everytime.. Same time since the bumper and lip were off i added my Hella horns..

Last edited:
Wicked...Mine's getting the gold RX8s on her this week...a Sunday Cruise is in order now that we have a few members from Atlantic Canada popping up here and there.

What size tire did you put on the RX8 rims? and how do you find the ride with your Skunk2's

Stretched out 215/35/18s...looks weird stretched a bit but it works. Skunk2 coils are harsh but I think they'll settle well...plus the rear is extra harsh and bouncy now due to the improper endlink alignment. I'm getting back under it tomorrow to adjust them accordingly.

Stretched out 215/35/18s...looks weird stretched a bit but it works. Skunk2 coils are harsh but I think they'll settle well...plus the rear is extra harsh and bouncy now due to the improper endlink alignment. I'm getting back under it tomorrow to adjust them accordingly.

what kind of struts did you use with the coil sleeves, hopefully they can take the abuse of being lowered. and ya harsh ride is from the small tires on large rims too. I know i drove around moncton after speedsport at the height i was and had alot of fun with the roads but managed not to scrap anywhere. and ya my endlinks and sway bars make alot of noise when i pull into my driveway as i have to drive in at an angle to not scrape and the tight suspension and GT Spec bars make things fun.

Added more pics to the original post...

Last edited:
I have Monroe Sensa-Tracs...pretty brutal I know...think they're gonna have to make way soon 'cause she's just bouncing and darting all over the place. Either Tokico Blues or Koni Yellows would probably control the damping better but I don't believe either would give me a smoother ride.

I have Monroe Sensa-Tracs...pretty brutal I know...think they're gonna have to make way soon 'cause she's just bouncing and darting all over the place. Either Tokico Blues or Koni Yellows would probably control the damping better but I don't believe either would give me a smoother ride.

Dont waste the money on new struts, get better springs or real coilovers if you really want coilovers. i got my coilovers on here at a great price was not bad for shipping... just have to decided what you want for suspension. if you want to see how 18's ride on coilovers let me know and we can figure something out. Ill be at the freddy car show all next weekend if your up for a drive.

Dont waste the money on new struts, get better springs or real coilovers if you really want coilovers. i got my coilovers on here at a great price was not bad for shipping... just have to decided what you want for suspension. if you want to see how 18's ride on coilovers let me know and we can figure something out. Ill be at the freddy car show all next weekend if your up for a drive.

I might just do that as I'm off saturday. I did fix some of the bounce with re-adjusting my endlinks to max length. The sway bar was pressed against the trailing arms in the back causing the entire car to bounce and clunk. Loosened the sleeve bottom on the fronts to make it more tolerable. When and where is this show?

updated pics

drivewayclearence.jpg

drivewaym.jpg

closeupw.jpg

carresized.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back