Highway RPM?

03.5BlueMSP

:
2003.5 MSP
hey guys wondering what your car pulls for RPM at about 65-70, mine is around 3k and seems a bit high, but idk...i just got the car.

what do you guys see around that speed?

They are geared that way, perfectly normal. Makes me wish they had made it a 6 speed.

This.

When I went from always driving my friends celica gt-s, to my MSP, I always wanted to go into 6th while cruising from Houston to San Antonio and back. I don't like those high rpm's, makes me feel like I'm wasting more gas than I should be lol

They can get excellent gas mileage if you keep out of boost on highway cruises. I've heard up to 32mpg.

6 gears wouldnt really have changed much lol the MS3 has 6 gears and is still around the same rpm as the protege at highway speeds

but yea, as long as u are just cruising you'll still get great gas mileage, once u start stepping on it, thats when the numbers go waaaaaaay down haha

^its all about gearing. I never minded the RPM's for the protege... Never really needed to care about a small amount of gas mileage increase.

Well obviously the MS3 is geared for acceleration then. The sentra Spec V would rest around 2-2.5k in 6th at 55-60 mph. It was very nice on the highways, just wish I had slapped a turbo on that beast lol.

Well obviously the MS3 is geared for acceleration then. The sentra Spec V would rest around 2-2.5k in 6th at 55-60 mph. It was very nice on the highways, just wish I had slapped a turbo on that beast lol.

you should have would of had a lot more power and potential then the msp lol

i love high rpms but every now and then it does get annoying on long trips

I believe there is a 5th gear swap you can buy that was suppose to lower your rpm's a few hundred at highway speeds

I believe there is a 5th gear swap you can buy that was suppose to lower your rpm's a few hundred at highway speeds

yes there is...but i think its kinda pricey for a gear swap. thought it was in the 500 dollar range...i may be wrong. but that may not be expensive to some.

There is a gear with a lower ratio.... Forget what car it comes off of, might be 626... But is it reeally worth it? Just turn the music up, put windows down and cruseeee

I also always think my car is revving too high, even not even on the highway seems like to keep up to traffic i'm having to shift at about 3500rpm.

Maybe thats normal, where about do you guys shift?

There is a gear with a lower ratio.... Forget what car it comes off of, might be 626... But is it reeally worth it? Just turn the music up, put windows down and cruseeee

yes but the gear swap is for the lower rpms at highway speeds to save gas...could be worth it...i think its a good 3-500 rpms. id be happier around 3000rpm at 70-75mph then 3500+rpm.

Eh... If you worry about gasthat much you shouldent of gotten anything but a civic... I put the pump in and fill it up, going to pay for it anyways. And at the rate of only 500 Rpm different you are looking for won't be much... Mainly if you rev it higher befor hand... In the end IMO I wouldent worry about gas... If you do just stay at the doped limit and you should be good. Anything over 55-60 you lose MPG.

I also always think my car is revving too high, even not even on the highway seems like to keep up to traffic i'm having to shift at about 3500rpm.

Maybe thats normal, where about do you guys shift?

rarely even get near 3000rpm when im driving no need the car has a fair amount of torque to keep up with traffic.

word, ever since i made my side exhaust i shift at 3k, any higher then that and my car is ******* screaming lol
i never need to shift above that in traffic, im already around 2-3psi by then

Back