spare tire subwoofer?

dirtygst

:
03 protege5
ok so seen online the newer protege5s have the subwoofer in the spare tire... i'm sure its possible to install in older pro5 but is the wiring there? what all would i need to install?

I have similar questions, as I have a 10" sub and full size spare in my trunk and would like to know if its worth my while to try and sell my stock sub/spare, and if so Id like to be able to advise people properly.

It was a couple years ago, but I spliced into what was there to hook up my amp and sub very easily. I even was able to run both my sub and the stock at the same time. Of course it was so horrible with both but it did work.

I dont think that there is any wiring (except rear speakers) run to the back in pre 03's. Dont remember if the subspare has a proprietary plug or not, but you can just hardwire together. Somewhere here you can find the colors and what they are for the wires.

I don't believe the wiring is there unless you have an 03.5 already. I built a steath box and put in an 8" sub with a small amp under the front seat. Works great and most likely sounds better then the stock one would have. It took about two days to fiberglass and mount everything and cost about $125 bucks so not that bad.

Back