Taillight tinting-- has anyone done it?

loghyc

:
2010 Mazda CX-9
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THEIR TAILLIGHTS TINTED ON THE CX-9. I OWN THE 2010 TOURING AND WAS REALLY THINKING ABOUT GETTING IT DONE. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST SOME PICS SO I CAN SEE HOW IT LOOKS? THANK YOU...(first)

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THEIR TAILLIGHTS TINTED ON THE CX-9. I OWN THE 2010 TOURING AND WAS REALLY THINKING ABOUT GETTING IT DONE. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST SOME PICS SO I CAN SEE HOW IT LOOKS? THANK YOU...(first)

No need to shout !

my bad... i still excited about my cx-9 its only been a month... so does anyone have tinted taillights here?

I would like to hear some responses on this as well. I have seen the pre-cut tint they sell on eBay and been tempted to buy it, but I am not sure of how they will look and how easy it really is to install without leaving creases and air bubbles behind.

Ricey crap????

I was thinking more like thug bling-bling, but ricey? You certainly don't have a good sense of categorizing styles.

True, I see clapped out Civics AND thugged out Escalades with tinted tailights, so both description are appropriate. Lame either way.

Attachments

• sw6.jpg
    sw6.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 432
  • sw6-1.jpg
    sw6-1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 367
So...does that make yours and all of our CX-9s ricey? because by the looks of i8urgti's post that looks like a MS6.

personally i just think it would be nice to have a blacked out cx-9. I have a black 2010 touring. I am getting the windows darkened before summer i just think the tint on the tail lights will make it look cleaner...

Hey, they're your cars, have at it. If you tint the taillights, to complete the package, you have to get purple headlights (with matching foglights, of course), a chrome grille, chrome 24's and limo tints all around (including the windshield). Neon underlights and CF hood optional (but ballin).

That would be ricey crap.
dont agree at all being that its my car lol. to each his own though. i see ricey crap as the silly crome in my tail lights, reason being why i blacked them out.

personally i just think it would be nice to have a blacked out cx-9. I have a black 2010 touring. I am getting the windows darkened before summer i just think the tint on the tail lights will make it look cleaner...
i agree

Hey, they're your cars, have at it. If you tint the taillights, to complete the package, you have to get purple headlights (with matching foglights, of course), a chrome grille, chrome 24's and limo tints all around (including the windshield). Neon underlights and CF hood optional (but ballin).
how is that remotely similar to what he is going for?

if you plan on doing this yourself, the VHT makes a good product specifically for tinting lights.
by doing it yourself then you can control the level of tint to make it as subtle or as dark as you would like.
taking them to a real paint guy and having them do it saves time and headaches though lol

a couple of hints though:
take your time (duh) and above all don't let it run at all!
if you remove the housings from the car and set them next to each other and spray them together then you will get an even coat.
let the first coat dry till tacky then if you want add some more to layer it up till you get it as dark as you want.
i've seen people actually wet sand in between coats just to make sure there are no runs or darker areas due to too much build up in one spot.

also remember that you can also use this on side markers and others to give them a subtle "smoked" appearance

i used this on my Eclipse and it worked / looked MUCH better then those silly GTS kits that stick on and are way to dark.

to the haters: there is a difference between a subtle "smoking" of lenses and a true "blackout".
having owned an oil-slick black car before i can tell you that any chrome looks like SH*T back there and kills the lines of the car and really distracts the eyes.
as for the rice? please if the Mercedes M-Class 'Edition 10' comes from the factory with tinted tails then i'm pretty sure its fine for the rest of us.

now if you start adding stickers, neons, a park-bench spoiler, and a "Powered by Mazda" banner then i will come up and beat you with a crowbar lol (rlaugh)

also remember that you can also use this on side markers and others to give them a subtle "smoked" appearance

i used this on my Eclipse and it worked / looked MUCH better then those silly GTS kits that stick on and are way to dark.

to the haters: there is a difference between a subtle "smoking" of lenses and a true "blackout".
having owned an oil-slick black car before i can tell you that any chrome looks like SH*T back there and kills the lines of the car and really distracts the eyes.
as for the rice? please if the Mercedes M-Class 'Edition 10' comes from the factory with tinted tails the n i'm pretty sure its fine for the rest of us.

now if you start adding stickers, neons, a park-bench spoiler, and a "Powered by Mazda" banner then i will come up and beat you with a crowbar lol (rlaugh)

This is a show concept car. Anything goes for show cars. No car will ever come with tinted taillights, they are illegal, for obvious reasons.

WOW!

Someone has their panties in a bunch or you just know how to customize a thugged out bling-bling ricey CX-9 all together...LOL!

Tinted Tail lights!

Why in the world would you make your car LESS visible at night? The whole purpose of the lights is to make sure the folks behind you actually can see the back end of your vehicle!
As for the "look", sure it make be cool but only to those who, to use someone else's term, "RICEY"!!!!

ok really i just want them smoked a little. having a black cx-9 the red just really distracts a little. of course i want people to still see when i am stopping but just think the tint would give it a nicer look. I think i am just gonna buy some tint this weekend and experiment and see how it looks. worst case i wasted $20 trying something. I will post pics.

Back