Gauge install wires

flipmode815

:
mazda, mp3, #908
I'm installing two gauges the oil press and oil temp, has any one tried to wire them up to the fog lights or does any one have pics of where all the wires go? I'm not good with wiring stuff so any help will be appreciated.

I dont understand why you would be wiring them up to the foglights?

Most gauges come with:
- power wire (take from cigarette lighter wire)
- ground wire (bolt onto chassis)
- illumination wire (tap into radio illumination wire)
- 2 or 3 sensor wires (these go to the sensors)

Hope this gets you started.

Yeah, this puzzles me as well...

Especially because the current draw from the fogs (when on) would change the readings...

Just follow the gauge directions.

What color wire is it from the cig lighter to tap into? With the fog lights i just figured i could go from that and turn the gauge lights on with the fog lights but like i said im not good with wiring things.

What color wire is it from the cig lighter to tap into? With the fog lights i just figured i could go from that and turn the gauge lights on with the fog lights but like i said im not good with wiring things.

The cigarette lighter power wire colour is PINK.

You should look at the back of your interior fuse box to find it :)

I see at least 4 different pink wires back by the fuse box. anyone have a pic of what one it is : )

Last edited:
Maybe trace it back from the cigarette lighter?

Remember that this power source is switched - only works when key is in ignition and at 'accessory' or 'ignition' positions.

What about one of those add a fuse gadgets, anyone use those for the power wire and if so what fuse did you use?

I used a fuse tap off of the alarm fuse to give me some always on power points. I've been running it for about a year with no problems.

I used a fuse tap off of the alarm fuse to give me some always on power points. I've been running it for about a year with no problems.

The mp3 didnt come with an alarm system so im not sure which fuse spot that would be, if you can send a pic that would help.

Back