optimum car wash vs no rinse, wash and shine

stageup

has anyone tried the no rinse wash and shine from optimum? i'm kinda debating between the traditional vs this new one, apparently you just use a microfiber mit to wipe it on, and another to dry it. i've read reviews and they say it does not scratch the paint, which is hard for me to see how it wouldn't lol.

here's the link http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

i know our paint sucks anyways, but im getting kinda bored of using meguiars gold class and nxt wash.

i am going to pick one of these up soon along with the optimum spray car wax.

Last edited:
it's okay

i use 'em & it performs as advertised. doesn't hurt/scratch the paint when use with the proper applicator (microfiber towels)...+ it works great with claybar.

it's great on winter time (washing the car inside the garage) but you have to spray-off the car with the hose before using it in spring (when the car is covered with pollen).

i recommend it.

I've heard nothing but good things, in fact amazing things about ONR. It's perfect for a quick wash or when your car doesn't have too much dirt on it. Otherwise you have to presoak. It won't scratch the paint when used properly. The ONR solution, when mixed in a bucket with water, will attract all the dirt the mit picks up from the paint surface and pull it to the bottom of the bucket, greatly reducing the amount of grit you are putting back on the paint, thus, reducing the amount of scratches. I almost want to buy some just to use in mixture with my rinse bucket.
Just remember, if you are looking to reduce the amount of scratching by as much as possible:
1.) Use two buckets; one for wash, one for rinse.
2.) NEVER EVER use a mitt that has touched the ground/grass or other dirty surface.
3.) Wash the car from top to bottom, starting with the roof and working down. More dirt and crap tends to collect on lower parts of the car. Washing from cleanest to dirtiest ensures that you will reduce the amount of grit on your mitt, enstilling less scratches.

Hopefully that was helpfull. Also note that ONR makes an excellent claybar lubricant and can be used for a quick wax solution between waxing.

sweet thanks, i'm thinking about picking up a foam gun now, damn i'm in this car detailing mood for some reason right now

Back