mfactory review

littlemimus

fear the mighty sandvich!
:
Mazdaspeed protege 2003
wellly welly well well well. time for a little review.

i dont think to many people are running this thing yet. so for those that have a welded diff. or are still on the stocker i hope this can help u make your decision.

the differential is made out of high nickel chromoly steel. and as soon as i got it i was like wow. this thing is made to hold power. mfactory advertises on their website that it can hold 1000 hp. idk if we'll ever see if it can or not but i know it'll hold what most people here can throw at it. id even take a venture to say it would hold up just fine in miguels car.

i honestly recommend this over any welded differential.
DSCF0658-2.jpg

DSCF0676.jpg
DSCF0659-1.jpg

what i got was the differential, the bolts for the ring gear that mates onto the diff and i also ordered new bearings and oil seals.

hope this helps everyone out if u have questions let me know

May I ask how much it set you back? I've heard it was cheaper than the Quaife (spelling?) but still very good.

partly because its not a "Quaife", and partly because I'm sure there are cost saving measures taken in its production vs the quaife.

this is what i am saving up for now, some first gen protege guys run them and they swear by them.

wagonbacker- i have it installed. its a great piece of work. amazingly well put together. just by welding the stock differential you have the chance of breaking that weld still. this wont snap in half on you. and how reliable is three little gears like the stock open diff compared to this one? not very.

ricktalife-uhhh cost me 760 or sometihng like that. but thats with another 100 dollars or around there for the trannsmission rebuild kit that comes with new axle oil seals and two new bearings for the differential.

wagonbacker- i have it installed. its a great piece of work. amazingly well put together. just by welding the stock differential you have the chance of breaking that weld still. this wont snap in half on you. and how reliable is three little gears like the stock open diff compared to this one? not very.

ricktalife-uhhh cost me 760 or sometihng like that. but thats with another 100 dollars or around there for the trannsmission rebuild kit that comes with new axle oil seals and two new bearings for the differential.

those "3 little gears" are the same technology used in just about every car on the road. some making 5x the power the MSP does.
ok, all well and good... but what driving improvment is there?

those "3 little gears" are the same technology used in just about every car on the road. some making 5x the power the MSP does.
ok, all well and good... but what driving improvment is there?

i was tryin to say this is way better designed than the open diff. but idk ive been takin it easy on my car cause of the new clutch. where would u expect to improvements ?

Well in all fairness, we don't normally make the kind of power that Miguel or any bolt on EVO's and s*** make lol. So I think this diff would be very suitable for most people with our platform.

i was tryin to say this is way better designed than the open diff. but idk ive been takin it easy on my car cause of the new clutch. where would u expect to improvements ?
if the only improvment is reliability, then I don't see the point. I'm only aware of one or 2 diffs that were welded before being used, and subsiquently broke. if there isn't and improvment in power transfer, its a waste in my book.

like i said. havent really tested it out. what do u expect. less power from the crank to the wheels lost? better traction during turning?

When my stocker snaps I'm getting the Mfactory. Keep us updated

(2thumbs)will do. and i drove it today cause the streets dried up. and i noticed that at thirty miles an hour on the old diff that when i hugged a corner pretty tight and didnt slow down i would get understeer pretty bad. now i only get a little tire squeel.

i'll launch it once and only once but only after my clutch is broken in XD

So, I hope that no news here is good news. What's the long-term report on the M Factory LSD?

Back