Whats a good convertible car seat for the 5?

twintrbo

What are you people using for a rear facing car seat in the 5? I just tried our old Cosco Omega Elite and it takes up the entire right side of the car! To get the angle right, the front passenger seat has to be all the way up and the middle seat slid all the way back. So no one in the front or way back :( Any suggestions? Thanks!

Got a Combi Shuttle. Been through 4 cars now and it is definitely the smallest rear facer out there. The whole reason we picked it up was so that we could run 3-abreast in the Accord, since the usual American car seats like Evenflo and Cosco are designed for 1-child families with a Tahoe. It sat in the middle with a booster seat on both sides. We now have it behind the driver, and the 9- and 6-year old switch positions in the back behind it, so there is plenty of room. Of course, since we have older kids, we did not need to pick up a front/rear convertible kind - we just use the seats we have as the kids grow up.

That is a nice seat but I did want a convertible one, my 6 month old is a giant so she is out of the carrier type seats already. Of course she is too young for a forward facing so thats where I am now......... Anyone else have a suggestion?

After a bit of research and actual measuring, I found the Evenflo Advance convertible car seat. It had the shortest distance from end to end of all the seats I got my hands on. It required no shimming to get it leveled as per the manufacturer recommendations for rear facing as well! After a test ride yesterday, the little one looks VERY comfortable in it and it fits great. I have it behind the drivers seat which is all the way back and still have a little room between them. I'm contemplating moving it to the passenger side so I can easily put 6 people in without adjusting the whole car but we will see. I will post pics as soon as I get a chance.

Back