You know you are driving an MSP when...

I for one, think the stock clutch is awesome and I really don't like one's that are overly squishy like a base model civic 5 speed. But those are nearly impossible to stall lol.

...your Mazda dealer tells you that a blown wastegate actuator requires a new turbo assembly

they tried telling me this a month ago.. LMAO.. i took them an ATP and the "how to" from this forum and they got it done in 30 minutes and i walked out with a 40$ bill.. lmao

I asked to buy the rubber fitting / grommet thing for the bottom of the SMIC and they told me I had to buy the whole SMIC.

...when the "certified Speed dealer" can't find any Mazdaspeed parts listed for your car.

You know your driving an MSP when you can make fun of your friends for getting dusted by a 'protege' at the autox track!

+1

Beat my mechanics 450whp TT 350Z, and a couple other fast cars last weekend. Driver mod FTW!

You know you're driving an MSP when...

- you slow down when passing glass buildings to admire your car's profile & if you're really smitten you'll pull a U-turn to check out the other side! :D

- you park in BFE away from the rest of the herd and gaze at her before you walk away.

- you change the path of your return walk to take in her lines from several angles before you arrive.

(2cents)...I know the thread was created in light humor and am sorry that some of the jibes here are in earnest. She's my near stock DD that's a blast to drive with no major mods like some folks are aiming for.

Even my friends that drive 'Vettes, 'Stangs, BMWs, Acuras, Mercedes etc have commented that she looks great and the few that have taken a drive were impressed by the overall experience...

You know you're driving an MSP when...

- you slow down when passing glass buildings to admire your car's profile & if you're really smitten you'll pull a U-turn to check out the other side! :D

- you park in BFE away from the rest of the herd and gaze at her before you walk away.

- you change the path of your return walk to take in her lines from several angles before you arrive.

(2cents)...I know the thread was created in light humor and am sorry that some of the jibes here are in earnest. She's my near stock DD that's a blast to drive with no major mods like some folks are aiming for.

Even my friends that drive 'Vettes, 'Stangs, BMWs, Acuras, Mercedes etc have commented that she looks great and the few that have taken a drive were impressed by the overall experience...

There's a lot of truth in this post

well i thought this was freaking hilarious, there was a guy in a 01 dx with a mazdaspeed rear lip and wing, and a goofy looking front cover at sonic. ive seen him around town and wanted to talk to him. i already heard the distinct non turbo exhaust note so i wanted to see what he had to say about the car he was trying to clone....

we talked for 10 minutes and he goes, "wait, thats a protege huh?" for giggles i was like "no, its a mazdaspeed, they are completely different......" he was clueless.

you know you drive a mazdaspeed protege when other protege owners don't recognize it......

When you think it's driving funny until you realize that for once it's how it is supposed to be

when you have to down shift to get past the hesitation

when your steering wheel cost $500 because of yellow stitching

when your steering wheel cost $500 because of yellow stitching

******' A! WTF!? I looked at the Mazda Service guy like he had gumballs shooting from his nose when he told me the price of the replacement. Do they have to restitch it or did they make a select few replacements and they're just sitting on the shelf? Either way, it's lunacy. However, even a P5 replacement wheel is still in the couple hundred. I'm scavenging junkyards for 03 ES's and Miata's for a wheel. I need an airbag.

LOL. So very true:

You know you are driving an MSP when...

you dont use your a/c becuase you cant afford to sacrifice anymore horsepower...
Wife: "So, you're not gonna turn the air on?"
Me: "No. I need that 3 horsepower. Stick your head out the window or something."

When you think it's driving funny until you realize that for once it's how it is supposed to be
"OMG why is it vibrating like this at idle?!? Oh, wait. I replaced three FUBAR'd motor mounts..."

Last edited:
This thread just gets funnier and funnier. Just about everything on here I've experienced LOL! Keep it going!

...When you chirp the tires on ACCIDENT pulling away from a stoplight and the guy next to you in a 93 CRX thinks you're trying to race him!

(Spec stage 2 plus clutch, Fidanza flywheel)

...When your car is DOWN more than its UP and all you do is swear you're selling it...until you drive it again and then start planning more mods!

Latest posts

Back