You know you are driving an MSP when...

you know you're driving a MSP when you pull up to a lambo and notice your orange is nicer than his orange

FTW!!!

you know you drive a msp when mazda doesnt reconize your mazda.......

BWAHAHAHA!

You know your driving a mazdaspeed protege when you cant raise the boost past 10 psi

You know your driving a mazdaspeed protege when people give you funny faces when you tell them you can only run 10psi

You know your driving a mazdaspeed protege when its the sexiest car in the parking lot

You know your driving a mazdaspeed protege when its the slowest turbo car in the parking lot...... :(

After reading this one, I know I drive an MSP!

This thread cracks me the hell up.

I got one...(though it's merely a variation)

...your friends in the back seat ask if that noise is normal.

...there are misc. rattles coming from at least 3 points of interest on the interior alone.

...your Mazda dealer tells you that a blown wastegate actuator requires a new turbo assembly.

When a full mechanics tool set is a standard accessory in your trunk

You are no longer afraid to get out of the car on the highway because you have reconnected the charge pipe more times than you care to count

You get in knowing something different will act funny on the car but all you have to do to fix it is turn it off for a few minutes

fuel cut no longer makes you s*** yourself

you no longer notice wheel hop

you tell your friends the noise in the back is a dead hooker from a few nights ago

you know by touch all the buttons on the stock headunit because you can no longer see it at night

your friends always hear you say "hold on" once you get to a back road

when you get waves from subaru owners followed by a puzzled expression

you know you're driving a msp when you go to the parts department and they ask for your Vin number because they never heard of a Mazdaspeed Protege before.

you know you're driving a msp when you go to the parts department and they ask for your Vin number because they never heard of a Mazdaspeed Protege before.

more like the parts guy at the mazda dealer thinks you put a body kit on your car and painted it a fancy color all the while there is a orange MSP poster on the wall not even 3 feet from his head.

.... on a hot day your car feels slow(er) like an NA protege with the stock smic

So true. My dealer doesn't look up parts without the vin.

You know your drive a Mazdaspeed Protege when people spot your mica orange ride a mile away and then call your cell phone to share their excitement.

You know you drive a spicy orange Mazdaspeed Protege when flying under the radar, laying low, or going unnoticed is never really an option.

You know you drive a Mazdaspeed Protege when you get flagged down/honked/waved at by a stranger that has mistaken your ride for a msp that belongs to their friend/relative/co-worker.

gSTP

You know you drive an msp when you go to the stealership for spark plugs and they tell you there "special" plugs and its going to cost 158$! true story I laughed all the way out the parts dept.

You know you drive an msp when your head unit goes blank and you have to give it a lil tappy to get it working again lol happens to me all the time.

Last edited:
You know you're driving an msp when your AFR's start acting spiratic and the car stalls at traffic lights. And all it takes is to reset the ECU to fix it... for a while.

You know your driving a MSP when the LSD goes and all your friends are like "WTF" and your just sitting there all cool saying "yeah, thats my LSD. It just brokered" And you knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Uber Pro.

You know your driving an MSP...

When you go thru 4 factory Kenwoods b/f your warranty is up.

You had to go to the dealership to get the passenger side door handle bolted back in b/c thats where your friend was holding on at!!

When you went through your first set of tires in 14,000mi. (Completely bald, NO tread at all!)

When you go to Autozone they dont even list your car in their system!

When a GOOD tune on your piggyback last for about 2 weeks, until your PCM "Learns" it.

When you've popped every stock motor mount!

When you spend more time diagnosing problems and working on your car rather than driving it and you STILL REFUSE TO SELL IT!

You know your driving an MSP when you can make fun of your friends for getting dusted by a 'protege' at the autox track!

You know your driving an MSP when...
Your mechanic drives it more then you
and
It spends more time in his garage then yours.

You also know your driving an MSP when....
you use the excuse that it was designed as a track car, so like any true track car requires a complete rebuild at the end of the weekend!!

this thread is hilarious and so true mostly. Especially about the refusing to sell part, I'm about to sell it for a challenger though if all goes as planned.

When a full mechanics tool set is a standard accessory in your trunk

You are no longer afraid to get out of the car on the highway because you have reconnected the charge pipe more times than you care to count

You get in knowing something different will act funny on the car but all you have to do to fix it is turn it off for a few minutes

fuel cut no longer makes you s*** yourself

you no longer notice wheel hop

you tell your friends the noise in the back is a dead hooker from a few nights ago

you know by touch all the buttons on the stock headunit because you can no longer see it at night

your friends always hear you say "hold on" once you get to a back road

when you get waves from subaru owners followed by a puzzled expression

Much truth in this post...

You know you drive an MSP when people pull up and ask where you bought your stock Racing Harts.

You know you drive an MSP when your shadow out-accelerates you on a hot day.

You know you drive an MSP when your shadow out-accelerates you on a cold day.

Back