2010 CX-9 Touring Back Up camera

Well, is there such a "kit" to begin with?
If no, the question is really invalid. I don't think there is.

I have no idea if my dealer was being honest but they told me that the wiring for the backup camera was actually in all CX-9's. They told me this while telling me they preferred Mazda's to the VW's they also sold because they can add most of the options to Mazda's at the dealer. They used the backup camera as an example. Again though, this might have just been the dealer trying to woo me at the time.

The backup camera mirror is a dealer installed option, so it must be doable. Ask a dealer for a copy of the instructions to see if you are comfortable doing it yourself. At the BOTTOM of this thread are PDF versions of the instructions for installing it on a 2007 CX-9, and it would appear the harness is NOT already in place... but maybe it is already there in the 2010:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123723855

There are also websites that sell official Mazda accessories such as the backup camera mirror.. one of them may be willing to share with you the documentation.

My bad.
You were talking about the backup camera with the display in the auto-diming mirror, correct? Yes. There is a kit, and it has been done by individuals. (I thought you are talking about the kinds with display in the center dash.) The instructions are quite long (about 30 pages if I recall correctly).
Pre-wired? Definitely no for pre-2010 model, but not sure about 2010.
If not pre-wired, you need to pull lots of penals off.
As long as you are experienced, you can allot an afternoon to do it.

It's a good advice to read the instructions (PDF) first before you buy it.

Last edited:
My bad.
You were talking about the backup camera with the display in the auto-diming mirror, correct? Yes. There is a kit, and it has been done by individuals. (I thought you are talking about the kinds with display in the center dash.) The instructions are quite long (about 30 pages if I recall correctly).
Pre-wired? Definitely no for pre-2010 model, but not sure about 2010.
If not pre-wired, you need to pull lots of penals off.
As long as you are experienced, you can allot an afternoon to do it.

It's a good advice to read the instructions (PDF) first before you buy it.

Don't bother with it. I had it on my wife's 08 GT and it was too small to be usable. The one on her 2010 screen on the console Bose stereo is much better. Also, if you install the backup camera in the mirror, you will not have homelink. They cannot coexist in the same mirror.

Don't bother with it. I had it on my wife's 08 GT and it was too small to be usable. The one on her 2010 screen on the console Bose stereo is much better.

I agree that the Navi screen is a bigger/better picture but if you don't have that option the screen in the rear view mirror is certainly adequate. I would definitely rather have it than not. The view out the back of this car (especially low to the ground) is very limited...even the small image helps a lot.

I agree that the Navi screen is a bigger/better picture but if you don't have that option the screen in the rear view mirror is certainly adequate. I would definitely rather have it than not. The view out the back of this car (especially low to the ground) is very limited...even the small image helps a lot.

2010 models with the Bose stereo option (no nav) comes with the back up camera screen. You do not have to get nav to have back up screen in console for 2010. The Bose stereo comes with an LCD screen that's also used for the back up camera. I've mentioned this a few times already in previous posts. You need to go to a dealer to look at one.

Don't bother with it. I had it on my wife's 08 GT and it was too small to be usable. The one on her 2010 screen on the console Bose stereo is much better. Also, if you install the backup camera in the mirror, you will not have homelink. They cannot coexist in the same mirror.

I agree, I have it in my '10 Sport, and I would have rather had Home-link. If there was any good news, my garage remote was a perfect fit for the sunglasses holder. Its kind of cool to pop it down, push the opener, and hide it - but not as cool as Home-link, which I had for 9 years before I got the Sport.

2010 models with the Bose stereo option (no nav) comes with the back up camera screen. You do not have to get nav to have back up screen in console for 2010. The Bose stereo comes with an LCD screen that's also used for the back up camera. I've mentioned this a few times already in previous posts. You need to go to a dealer to look at one.

I have the 2010 with Bose, the clarity of the screen with back up, is barely usable. Would a 2019 camera help if I swapped them or is the screen a very low resolution? Lots of cameras online for under $30 claiming to be HD. Thanks.

Back