Running way too rich and bogging.

Ok, so over the weekend I decided to give my Unichip another try. It was running flawlessly for about 2 days. Today suddenly my car has been running horribly. I'd be driving at cruising speed and steady around 14.7 AFR's. Then it started hesitating/shuttering like hell and I noticed my wideband reading 11.1/11.0. I let off the gas and the meter defaulted, then when I push the pedal again it would be normal until it would trip out again.

Thereafter it started running more and more rich constantly, until I was cruising and it was a steady 12.5 AFR's. Also when I allowed the RPM's to fall freely the car will just die.

Any idea why it would do this? I'm not sure it's the Unichip because it ran fine for a few days. I'm thinking something else is getting buggered.

Any insight is appareciated!

Not in the year that i've owned the car.

However prior to installing the Unichip it had been running completely fine, with the exception of bogging under full boost in wet/damp conditions.

I'm thinking a sensor, plugs or something is just off. I don't have a clue where to start or how to resolve this.

hmm...im not sure what it could be
i was thinking a vacuum leak but idk, its hard to say, if u had a vac leak u would probably have a CEL

maybe somebody else can chime in

Although there is the possability it was missed. But I had a garage do a smoke test and it didn't reveal any vac leaks. And my Vac/Boost is steady, nothing funky on the meter.

Bumpage for a similar issue I'm having, where right around -10 vac, my car pegs rich to like 10-11 AFR. i tuned the SSAFC last night to pull fuel from -10 all the way to my over-pressure, point. It's helping, but what the hell ? Good luck.

Latest posts

Back