How often do you see another Mazda 5 in your neck of the woods?

There are many in our area. It's not quite as popular as the protege5 was, but there are probably 3 or 4 that live within 2 blocks of our house.

I've equipped my vehicle to record Mazda5 sightings.

Attachments

• frontcam.jpg
    frontcam.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 158
  • rearcam.jpg
    rearcam.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 139
One owned by a Boomer up the street and one block over, and there is another in the neighborhood adjacent to mine. Omitting rental fleet vehicles, I see less than 1/day, but I only average 15-25 miles a day of driving. Most are driven by persons of the female persuasion, of various ages, hauling air, not passengers.

Whatever the median age for Mazda5 ownership, I think I am on the "over the hill" side sitting comfortably over 35, but not yet 40. Seems that alot of forum members are under 30.

Comox Valley, but kissin' cousins to PK/Q

Comox Valley is a nice place. Since you said that instead of Comox or Courtenay, I'm guessing you're out Cumberland way?

Lots of retirees there, too! I guess with all the Boomers there's bound to be retirees everywhere!

I'm pulling the average age up, I hit 50 last fall!

Comox Valley is a nice place. Since you said that instead of Comox or Courtenay, I'm guessing you're out Cumberland way?

Lots of retirees there, too! I guess with all the Boomers there's bound to be retirees everywhere!

I'm pulling the average age up, I hit 50 last fall!

Good luck with the 6th decade. I will be there soon.

BTW, 11 years in Comox and the past 7 just over the border in Courtenay.

I will refrain from comments about Cumberland lest one from there is lurking.(stoned)

I was at the car meet in Woodbridge New Jersey on Friday and on the way up I must have seen like 50 Mazda protege 5's and 2 Mazda 5's....We were in the Dunkin Donuts parking lot...and in mid conversation I would yell...Hey Look its a Mazda 5. In one I called it a P5...I was surrounded by them at the meet. (band)

i live in port huron mi so we get a lot of canada drivers here due to the blue water bridge, i just bought a 2010 5 before that though i had a 02.5 p5 and i seriously rarely even see mazda's at all..
ive seen maybe 3 mazda5's in the last year and theres 2 protege5's that i see around sometimes but there all mostly from canada.
the nearest mazda dealer is over an hour from my house, i like that theres hardly any it makes mine more unique.

For some reason, all of a sudden this year the number of 5s in the area has gone throught the roof. Yesterday alone I saw 3, when in previous years I would have been lucky to have seen 3 in a month.

i live in port huron mi so we get a lot of canada drivers here due to the blue water bridge, i just bought a 2010 5 before that though i had a 02.5 p5 and i seriously rarely even see mazda's at all..
ive seen maybe 3 mazda5's in the last year and theres 2 protege5's that i see around sometimes but there all mostly from canada.
the nearest mazda dealer is over an hour from my house, i like that theres hardly any it makes mine more unique.

I live in Winnipeg, Canada, and we bought a Protege5 when they first came out. We thought we were pretty original, but then they were everywhere, especially silver. There was an identical one to ours at the house behind us and at least 3 more within two blocks of our house. Then we bought an 06 Mazda5, and the same thing happened, although they still aren't quite as popular as the protege5. There are plenty of Mazdas in Winnipeg, especially 3's and last generation 6's (wagons and sedans), but the new 6's don't seem to be very popular here. For some reason Mazdas seem to be more popular in Canada than in the States.

Here where I live south side of Puerto Rico you can see a good quantity of 5's. The way I see by the numbers of 5's and the other models, here in the island Mazda has a good rate of sales, specially the Mazda 3.

For some reason, all of a sudden this year the number of 5s in the area has gone throught the roof. Yesterday alone I saw 3, when in previous years I would have been lucky to have seen 3 in a month.

That would be the influence of "cash for clunkers" as the salesmen told me when I was looking for leftover 09's.

I live in Winnipeg, Canada, and we bought a Protege5 when they first came out. We thought we were pretty original, but then they were everywhere, especially silver. There was an identical one to ours at the house behind us and at least 3 more within two blocks of our house. Then we bought an 06 Mazda5, and the same thing happened, although they still aren't quite as popular as the protege5. There are plenty of Mazdas in Winnipeg, especially 3's and last generation 6's (wagons and sedans), but the new 6's don't seem to be very popular here. For some reason Mazdas seem to be more popular in Canada than in the States.

Another Pegger!!

I have to admit I never even noticed them, or even heard of them until I started looking at getting a bigger vehicle. Love the fact that they look like a smaller car, almost like the matrix.

As Crempel mentioned, I've seen at least +10 of them around the city.

ZOMBIE, brains....

Ahem ok that was my dead thread revival introduction.

In my townhouse complex of 96 units, I am Mazda 5 owner number five! So I join a '10 GS automatic, an 08-09 GS automatic, 08-09 GT automatic, and a 08-09 GT manual. :) There are countless others in the rest of the neighbourhood.

ZOMBIE, brains....

Ahem ok that was my dead thread revival introduction.

Scary (nervous) :D

I now see 2-3 a day (some repeated of course), including one 2011. I'm sure as gas goes up I'll see even more

I still see the same one down the street, the one in my driveway and I see about 4-5 a day on my drive home from work in the am..

Now that I no longer have mine I see my old one driving around and like 4 more each day....Good to see them coming out of the woodworks

Not much at all.

I live in upstate New York and I barely see any mazda5's around. Maybe 1 every week. There is one white one like mine parked in a driveway but it had it's rear bumper side ripped outward this winter and he has not fixed it yet. But they are still rare in this area where SUVs and crossovers rule the road because of snow. Most people think Oddyseys and Siennas, and now also Sedonas lately are the way to go.

I now see 2-3 a day (some repeated of course)

Oh well, I started seeing another 2008-2009 stormy blue mica more often, and last night I realized it is a close neighbor. Not just another Mazda5, but the same color as well, really?

But hey, it does not have the roof rack, nor the Popular Package (it is a Sport), nor 5MT, nor Zoom-Zoom decal, nor... :p

Back