anyone rallycross their msp?

warrier04

:
03.5 msp
this past weekend in hillsboro, OR, i attended the paul eklund rally school per recommendation of a coworker/friend that regularly does rally racing (TSDs mostly).

while i was surrounded by AWD vehicles (mostly subarus), the mazda held up well. considering i literally rolled off the street and into the dirt on non-rally tires, the car handled decently and kept up well with the rest of the students.

i can't say i've seen many threads of folks tossing their msp around in the dirt, so i thought i'd inquire.

pics:
SDC10306.JPG

SDC10307.JPG

SDC10308.JPG

there is a thread like this already!!! The other guy rallies his often

@zuku26 - ah, i saw some autoX stuff, but not much on rallycross. looks like track ninja is the guy.

while i don't think i'll end up doing a lot of rallycross events, it was fun as hell to be given some great instruction and some fitting terrain to tear up. overall, a really fun weekend.

what tires were you running.
I couldn't imagine my Direzza's doing well at all, but my blizzaks might fair well.

that does look fun as hell. to bad i live in the most densely populated state in the us and we don't have these(that i know of at least) lol

Too cool. Does it cost much for the race event?

P.S. Hope you got access to a raised wash rack for the undercarriage..

sure looks fun as hell, went down to the Mojave desert during Spring break, saw the buggys and thought I'd have my share of gravel and sand, hella fun sliding. I wish they have some of those near San Fran

No one that values their mazdaspeed protege would take it rally crossing unless it is 1. a POS. 2. The owner had more money than they knew what to do with. OR 3. Was gonna turn it in on insurance right after they reported it stolen and parked it in a random field with the mud still caked all over it.

/endrant.

No one that values their mazdaspeed protege would take it rally crossing unless it is 1. a POS. 2. The owner had more money than they knew what to do with. OR 3. Was gonna turn it in on insurance right after they reported it stolen and parked it in a random field with the mud still caked all over it.
/endrant.

i disagree...its a $5000 performance car now lol and it sounds hella fun to rallycross

If you take care of the car, before the race and prep it, ten afterwards and clean it, your all good, I k ow many clean as s*** cars that have done this, and they are still spotless. And they are evo's and sti's. It's all fun in the end! That's all that matters!

Rally races don't destroy your car. Like outlaw stated it's all about taking care of your car before and after the race. A little dirt never hurt. Now if the car was jumping cars and figure 8 racing that would destroy your ride.

Most of the fields around here are real rock and rough. A car is not meant to take rough terrain like holes and small ruts fast at all. Its hard on the suspension and the rest of the car. if it was a rockless and relatively smooth field i guess it wouldn't be to bad.

The field he was in looked pretty smooth. Just a little moist and muddy. Looked fun.

Back