wheel design help/suggestions

I have a 2010 mz3 sedan, gunmetal blue. I got the base model, so it came with 16" steel wheels which I'm currently using with winter tires (not the stoke all seasons).

I want new wheels for the summer season, but if I go up a size to 17" I need to get new tires as well - I currently can't afford both :( ...so I think I'm stuck with 16s :(

I know 16s won't look as slick as 17s but I'm looking for general suggestions on wheel designs/colours which I should avoid. I don't want something that's going to make my wheel look smaller than it already is.... make sense?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Cheers.

save your money and buy something used if you want to go up. Or, you could just wait it out until you have money for both.

As far as looks, well, that is really subjective.

save your money and buy something used if you want to go up. Or, you could just wait it out until you have money for both.

As far as looks, well, that is really subjective.

I won't have more money in a year or 2 than I do now.. I'm looking at used, but not a lot on the market in my area (I'm from north of the 49 (whistle))

yeah, remember that "used is the way to go". i can speak from experience when i say that it's best to save your money until such a time when you can afford both. i also wouldn't go smaller than 18s on a mz3, so keep checking. a lot of times, someone with will want to upgrade the stock wheels on their rx8:

3204436843_9482d10ecc.jpg

ms6:

Speed8.jpg

or ms3:

DSC04358.jpg

and will offer them for a good price either on this forum or on your local craigslist - usually with tires that will last you another 6 months or so. OEM rims off these cars would be your best bet if cost is an issue, but don't fret, as ALL of these rims will look good on your mz3. who knows, you might even get lucky and find the limited edition ray's wheels that were originally offered as an option on the ms6:

24959700004_large.jpg

best of luck on whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:
Back