Speed3.5

chasing electrons ..
:
16' Mazda3, MSP
I was doing an oil change and what you know, take a look at these pic's :

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

I've checked for any leakage on top of it but everything seems dry.

I'm out of ideas of what it is and what it's causing this.
Any one ?

thats the start of a power steering rack going bad.start saving money cause once they start to leak its all down hill from there

any reason it goes bad like that, I've been keeping an eye on its reservoir and hasn't moved from the same spot yet ?

so there is no other way of doing this but replace ?

could solid mm speed up this problem or maybe even cause it , I'm using 62 stiffness rear mm as well

its possible that its not a rack leaking.maybe something spilled on it somehow.but if it is a rack leaking at that rate u wont notice a fluid difference for another 3-6 months.id clean it up and see if it comes back.or pull the boot back and see if theres fluid building up inside the boot.either way its not a huge issue you have plenty of time before it needs to be adressed.and no motor mounts wouldnt cause that.its just normal wear

thing is that I've seen the same happening last year after a long trip to alabama then while doing oil change spotted the same thing and I cleaned it.

As you can see at the pic's there's no trace of dripping from above hat place, the boot lip was wet as well , tried to tight the thing up but wouldn't work, we'll see next oil change then.

Back