GI: iSport rear wing lip (like the ms3)

Circuit

Low and Slow
:
03 Protege5
So I have been wanting to get a rear wing lip made like the ms3's since the P5 wing is just too flat and not aggressive enough.

I wanted to start a list to gauge interest for isport to make the lip. If they are available on weekends, I can drive to them to make the mold.

GB Thread Created: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123772198

Pricing Confirmed today (04/11/10)

These prices apply to the first 15 people. After the initial GB of 15, iSport will decide on further pricing depending on # of buyers and amount of further interest.

Deposit: $50

Fiberglass: $200 (will come with primer or primer + black paint at no additional cost)

Carbon Fiber: $250 (will come gel clear coated)

These prices do NOT include shipping, but should only be about $25 to the east coast (and cheaper the closer to CA you are). Shipping to Canada and Hawaii will be what ever the cost is to iSport.

We need at least 6 people to send deposits so that they can start the mold.

They already have my wing. I will post up a wing profile drawing in the morning when I have access to my scanner. It will be to scale, so you can print it out and see how it will look on the side of your wing.

Here is the interest list. Please respond if you are ready, willing, and able to put down the deposit. If we can do it fast enough, iSport can have the mold done by the end of the week.

1. Circuit - $ ready. Wing is with iSport already.
2. thecrash91
3. reut1 - out
4. BlackCherry - fiberglass
5. TWISFM
6. protege5_dude
7. ScratchNSniff
8. Lewis7789 - out
9. jdmdikk
10. matt v - if <$200
11. HKPRO5
12. iJay - if <$200
13. -Batman- - out
14. 808MP5
15. HatchKitten if <$200
16. carter1551 if <$200
17. thepeel
18. 808mazdap5 - out
19. newsboy86 - fiberglass

Once we have the 6 people ready, I will ask iSport to make the GB thread in the AV/GB section so they can start taking payments.

Wing lip profile as drawn by Bob at iSport. It is 100% scale so you can print it out, cut it, and hold it against your wing to see. It will curve around the back of the wing with a little lip to fit between the wing and the brake light

We need at least 6 deposits to get this off the ground!!!!!

isportwinglipprofile.png

Again so I am clear, this is not for an MS3 style wing, it is a wing add-on lip like the RE-Amemiya part for the MS3

Here are some examples of the RE/Nextmod part. Since the P5 has such a flat wing, I am thinking it will need more of a rake:

Here is my drawing. Excuse my kindergarten crayon level of drafting skills. LOL

scan.jpg

image.php

Axe-8-89312614438424b301b0203112.jpg

So let's get a list going of interest in the rear lip wing!!!! Include if you are interested in CF or fiberglass or don't care lol

Last edited:
I just PM'ed them about it, but I wanted to start an interest thread first. I'll add you to the interest list!

I have no idea, his car's the only one that I've ever seen with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was custom

It shouldn't cost more than $200 for fiberglass, even then that's still expensive considering how small of a piece this is.

I have no idea, his car's the only one that I've ever seen with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was custom

Yeah I just sent him a PM about it. Where did you find the pic anyway? LOL

TWISFM, is that ok that I put you on the interest list?

Damnit I just saw that Tiger Brand's wing was custom. Now even more want for the iSport!!!!

Back