My 07 SS MS3 build thread.

88323GT

:
1) 1988 323 GT 2) 1988 323 GT 3) 2007 Sulight Silver Mazdaspeed3
Well, this maybe a slow thread as i have been nursing this poor car back to health from its previous owner.

As I may have stated in the lounge, This is my $10k Speed 3 with 93k miles on the clock. It came in on trade a few weeks ago and had a shopping list of issues, hense why I got it at a steel. It has multiple dents and dings(All fixable) with rock chips in the paint and scratches in the rear bumper. It had almost nothing left for front brakes, but still considered in the safe zone. Also had bald tires. Interior was thrashed and a nasty mess from old soda and food stains, to garbage and debris all over the place. The wheels all have been curbed and the front bumper needs a new lip. It has had a roof rack installed (Drilled into the roof (bang) ) and the rails still remain. Scratches on the roof as well from what ever they where hauling. All sway bar endlinks need replacing, and it had a badly cracked windshield. The engine wasnt in bad shape, but it had been in need of a VVT Actuator replacement since august of last year. I know this since It has been comming in for service. The guy just plainly didn't care about it from the looks of it, that or it was just plain used as a family car. I say all this as a passionate car enthusiast and tech. I know some people are just going to chew them up and spit them out as that is their nature. Nothing wrong with that, you bought it, its your car, but if its a nice fun car, doesn't mean im going to like it, but why should that matter?

Anyways, as you can see it was rough.
Ive owned the car 2 weeks now and the fallowing have since been remedied in this order.
1) VVT Actuator and timing chain replacement
2) Four new Eagle GT Tires
3) Complete in and out car detail
4) New front brakes (Mazda OEM)
5) New Windshield ( a Gift from my folks for getting a new car... well, newer for me)

Before any real modifications are made to this car, I want to get it in clean, and smooth running condition. Next will be,
1) Sway bar endlinks
2) Trans Drain and Fill
3) Engine Full Synthetic oil change

Its already in good condition in comparison as to how I got it.

As for Mods, Ive already installed the CorkSport Rear Motor Mount inserts.
Next to come will be,
1) CorkSport Front Mount and intake system
2) CorkSport Cat Back Exhaust (Will make it a turbo back later on)
3) Dashhawk
4) Cobb Access Port
5) Springs? (Any suggestions)
6) Remove Side Moldings
7) PTP HPFP Internals
8) **Possibility** Protege Garage Modified K04
9) PCV Valve Fix
These are in no particular order as im a firm believer in having all supporting mods installed before power gaining mods (I.E. HPFP, etc.).

So any ideas or criticism is encouraged. Ile update this as often as money and time allow. :)

Last edited:
All sounds good just be sure to install the trans. mount before you decide to really start pushing the car. Also since the engine does have 93k on it you should buy some sea foam and run a compression test.

Pics will come as soon as it quits raining.
Ive thought about the compression test. Just need to do it.

Pics...
As you can pretty well see, this engine hasnt been molested.... I mean modded.

Attachments

• BackSide.JPG
    BackSide.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 308
  • Pass.Side.JPG
    Pass.Side.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 281
  • LicPlateDelete.JPG
    LicPlateDelete.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 315
Believe me, it looked nothing like this when I snagged the keys.

Regardless, that's a good sign for all the people who have been scared about zoom-zoom boom-boom. The car has 93k miles on it, been molested like no other, and its still running. That's a really good sign! Good work, keep it up! I like seeing builds like these where someone basically saves a car.

Thanks man! Im very proud of this car and its current progress. Its so much fun to drive too. :)

Monday, it gets the dents pulled and the Sway bar bushings and endlinks replaced. Cant stand the "Thunk" after going over every little bump!!!

Well, few less things to worry about. Got the Sway bar bushings and endlinks replaced today and the front bumper Air Dam. Looks and drives alot better. No more "Clunk" going over bumps!

Did you by any chance fixed the rock chips up front, on the bumper? If so, how much did that run for you?

I totally missed this. No, not yet. Im considering taking it to a body shop to have the paint fixed after the dents are pulled. Had other bills to cover, so I couldnt get it done yet. Ile let you know the cost.

Up to this point, I have now changed all the fluids, engine and trans to Synthetic. Has a whinning noise when turning hard left at slow speeds under throttle. Need to find out whats up there. HPFP from PT Performance hopefully comming within the month. After that will be a CS Front Mount and intake.

Last edited:
Back