Stock suspension to stiff for daily driver

:
Yellow 2003.5 MSP!
Anyone know a cheap way to make my drive to work less aggressive? I'd like to go over a speed bump without catching air you know what i mean? I was thinking about getting softer spring but i dont know what to get. Im a noob to suspension tuning so Im afraid if i get them to soft somehow id scrape my bumper or all of a sudden my car sits like 3 inches higher. I want to find the right spring rate so my car still looks exactly the way it does - just, smoooootherrrrr.

you bought the wrong car for smooth ride. If you think stock is harsh you need to take a ride in mine

get all seasons for their softer sidewall and keep at recommended pressure, no higher
blizzaks if you want to really soften it up!

swap out your MSP springs for stock protege springs? Seems backwards, but might give you what you need. The car will definitely sit a bit higher though.

cool thanks for the input guys. I think ima stick with the way it is. Maybe some adjustable coilovers cuz i still like racing the canyons. Honestley, if your a hlafway decent driver you can find yourself passing STIs and EVOs alot (but im a little more than halfway decent lol). This is actually a REALLY good rally car. I wish mazda put more effort into making our MSP better rather than make the Mazdaspeed 3, i think they really f**ked up there.

the only other car that can keep up with me is my girlfriend in her 97' MX 6 LS (V6). dont let her being a girls fool you though, she got more balls and a bigger dick than most guys. (metaphorically speaking)

Last edited:
i met this lady in Hollywood
she had green hair but damn she look good
i took her to my house 'cause she looked fine
but she whooped out a dick that was bigger than mine!

Afro Man if you are wondering...

i met this lady in Hollywood
she had green hair but damn she look good
i took her to my house 'cause she looked fine
but she whooped out a dick that was bigger than mine!

Afro Man if you are wondering...

Met a lady, in HAWAII!
Stuck it in her ass,
she said AIYEEE!

How fast are you going over speed bumps that you're catching air? parking lot speed limit is 5mph lol

Yea I gotta say, there are some seriously massive speed bumps at one plaza near my house. They basically look like a small curb and you pretty much have to stop before you go over it.

I love how you complain about the stock suspension then post that you want coilovers...

I love how you complain about the stock suspension then post that you want coilovers...

yes that's good. I like this line myself:

"i still like racing the canyons. Honestley, if your a hlafway decent driver you can find yourself passing STIs and EVOs alot (but im a little more than halfway decent lol)."

i kinda dont see that happening..... awd vs fwd with stiff suspension and prone to understeer at higher speeds unless you have awesome tires (found that out all too quick when i almost met that tree) it could be done, but i want to see it before i believe it.

yes that's good. I like this line myself:

"i still like racing the canyons. Honestley, if your a hlafway decent driver you can find yourself passing STIs and EVOs alot (but im a little more than halfway decent lol)."

"Adjustable" coil overs. My toy car happens to be my daily driver. Cant a guy want a comfortable daily driver?

Last edited:
i kinda dont see that happening..... awd vs fwd with stiff suspension and prone to understeer at higher speeds unless you have awesome tires (found that out all too quick when i almost met that tree) it could be done, but i want to see it before i believe it.

You know what i love though, racing sti's and Evo's with driver's that ahve a chip on thier shoulder and act like "Oh yeah! Look at me! MY car has 300hp!" But these kids are like 18 - 19 years old and mommy and daddy bought them a brand new car. And the look on their faces when im passing them. Than im like "Oh yeah! 165 WHP! You just got beat by a car with a smaller dick than yours!"

Last edited:
Back