Black MS6 Calipers Painted

Speed_Demon

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
I used my day off from work and with the help of my partner in crime I was able to complete this mod. I used the brake caliper paint system made by G2, that can be ordered from eastwood, if anyone wanted to know. The mazdaspeed decals I purchased off Ebay, I got lucky finding those. Front decals are 3 1/2" and the rear are 3". Note the rear 3" decal barely fit in that location.

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

Finally, someone did the "Mazdaspeed" text in the right font. That looks really good. Nice work.

I think i'm gonna do mine flat black and white decals
If your looking for a kit I would highly recomend the G2 caliper paint system. When I opened the can there wasn't that much paint in it but I was able to do three coats and paint the backside of the calipers, even though nobody will ever see them, just because I had the extra paint, and there was still 1/3 of the can left over

Finally, someone did the "Mazdaspeed" text in the right font. That looks really good. Nice work.
Thanks, it wasn't easy finding it but I wasn't going to do the decal if it wasn't the proper font

paint your rotor hats while you have the wheels off too!!!! looking good man
Thanks dude, I'm probably gonna do those in black, but that will be for another day

looks rly good man!
Thanks Acton

Looks awesome!!! Did you take them off to paint them? Been thinking about doing this for a while. How about a pic with the wheel on?

Looks awesome!!! Did you take them off to paint them? Been thinking about doing this for a while. How about a pic with the wheel on?

Looks like he painted them while still on the car to me. I see paint on the rotor. Doesn't look too bad, but I would have pulled them first...and spent some time getting the details right. But that's just my OCD talkin'.

If you pull them, you may as well get them powdercoated if you really want them to look good.

looks good. did you paint the pads to the caliper tho? I like the decal on the front as well.

I was debating powder coating them, but i'd have to order high heat powder then bleed the brakes etc etc. I was just gonna use high heat Trimclad in flat black can and a sponge/foam brush.

Looks really good. I also wanted to do this but I was unsure about putting on the decal with the uneven surface. Small decals to work with too. Looks great, I'll eventually do this in black with white writing.

looks good. did you paint the pads to the caliper tho? I like the decal on the front as well.

Yes I did paint the pads because when I took a step back to look at it I felt it looked dumb so I figured since I had the extra paint, I said what the hell

At your request

And heres a preveiw of whats to come this summer. Just need to get tires and lugs and they'll be ready

Looks much better with the wheel on, even the OEM ones. Thanks for taking the time to share with us your project. Looks good.

Back