Windshield Replacement

Meydron

:
2007 Mazdaspeed6
So my windshield was cracked on the highway a few months ago and i started looking around for prices on a new one only to be told by people that they don't have a MazdaSpeed 6 in their system. Has anyone had to have the windshield replaced in a Speed 6? Is it the same as a normal sedan 6 or does it have its own? Thanks.

it should be the same as a standard 6. the hood is different, but that should have no bearing on the windshield.

it should be the same as a standard 6. the hood is different, but that should have no bearing on the windshield.

From personal experience, I had mine replaced about a month ago. And at first the dealership ordered the wrong one, the wrong one being for a regular 6. The VIN display is in a different spot is what they said.

I just had mine replaced by Apple Auto Glass here in Portland. They didn't have any issues finding a windshield for the MS6.
It shouldn't cost you anything though. Most windshield places will pay your insurance deductible for you.

A guy my mom knows works for a glass company and said he finally found one for a Speed 6 but it is twice as much as a windshield for a regular 6. And my deductible is twice what the windshield replacement will be.

I also had my windshield replaced about a while back. I asked about a "speed 6" windshield and they said they never heard it but they would look into it. Apple Auto Glass said it didn't exist? Strange, they put in a regular 6 winshield and it fit fine. The vin spot was fine and the windshield fit flush. It was perfect for me? I'm in Canada...

i had mine replaced just last month...

is your insurance not covering it (comprehensive)? Mine was fully covered, as well as hood and bumper dmg. Road debri that hits my car, as opposed to hitting debri with my car is the difference for coverage.

From personal experience, I had mine replaced about a month ago. And at first the dealership ordered the wrong one, the wrong one being for a regular 6. The VIN display is in a different spot is what they said.

OMFG!!! EXACTLY RIGHT!! i outright told the body shop, to pay attention to where the VIN window was for the correct windshield. They installed the WRONG one, and had to reinstall a new one a couple days later just because of that mistake... which i already WARNED them about.

then the ******* manager asked me to give them a 10 out of 10 rating?
BUAAHAHAHHA, no. hell no. at least the paint was perfectly matched.

Last edited:
What were some of the prices quoted for the speed6 windshield?
I have to get mine replaced, the regular 6 covers the vin as mentioned above.

My mom knew the guy that did mine so i got a deal on it but it was still 200 bucks. Regular 6 would of been 90.

Same here, I got mine replaced from the business the dealership uses. They recommended they come to me since I was unable to leave my car. I agreed. I told the dealer to be sure it was a MS6 windshield because I didnt want any problems being able to see the VIN number. If there was a discrepancy, I didnt want it. So the glass peolpe came out to my work and changed it. After they had finished and already left I went out to check it out. What did I find????? The little window for the VIN number was completely in the wrong spot. You cant see anything that has to do with the VIN number. But other than that, the windshield fits fine.

Hi all,

I have just put a mazda6 windshield on my ms6. I ended up printing the VIN number on a sheet of paper. I have laminated it, and when I have free time, will put it under the windshield so that it is visible in the "window".

The mirror bracket was a pain. I had to modify both the bracket on the windshield and the mirror itself so that they work together. Don't recommend anyone doing that. Easier to just buy a mazda6 mirror on a junk yard and install it instead. Either that, or change the mirror bracket (also not easy).

MBA

Back