New Mazda5 in CT

:
2023 CX-5S Select
Wow that was fast. Went to a dealer that had a 2010 Sport, liquid silver, and AT. Basic is what I wanted. That was one week ago and today I picked it up. The test drive sold me. Didn't think I would decide this soon.

So now I get to really drive the 5 in different conditions. I think it's going to work out fine. This forum helped a lot in making this decision. I'll report back with thoughts, in case another future owner is looking for observations from a new guy.

it's a great mini-mini van, very sporty and fun to drive.
I didn't like it at first (before owning it), but my wife kinda shoved it down my throat and I am glad she did.
she is the one who drives it daily anyway, I drive it on the weekend and enjoy it.

oh... and welcome to the forum.

I like mine! I was shopping for a wagon, but was having a hard time finding a large enough wagon in my budget. The VW salesman was the one that let it slip about the 5!

I have two teenage boys (both around 6', as I am) and the whole family can fit with lots of room. No squabbling over who gets the front seat. Perfect for my family.

Welcome to the forum. The 5 is honestly the best vehicle I've ever purchased because of its style and versatility...and its fun to drive too (wrc)

Congrats! +1 on the "lots of good info here", I lurked (mostly) a couple months while we were reviewing candidates for our CX-7 replacement.

About 2700 miles so far on our Liquid Silver Sport MT, having a great time with it. Holds lots, fun to drive, even relatively smooth and quiet, easy on fuel consumption too.

Last edited:
We no longer get surprises from our 2006. My expectations of a family vehicle is now set high to the level of Mazda5 functionality, and fun to drive,
and price.

I expect other brands vehicles will try their best to better the Mazda5.
I doubt if they can come near the 5's 'a lot of car for the money' concept.

Martyd, where you at in CT? I'm in Meriden. By now you've noticed you can drive around here for days without seeing another 5. I like that.

cheers

I'm in Wethersfield. I agree no 5's around. I flagged down a woman at Stop and Shop just to ask a few questions. She gave a good report. So far if asked, I will to.

Nice having a truly unique vehicle. Down here in the bottom of the nation, we have 5s everywhere - '09 Sports rentals and alot of '06+ Tourings and some Sports too that are privately held. I'd almost start a "Spotted: Mazda5" thread, but I know 99% of the local 5s are not owned by forum members.

Back