Cel p2009

Redcallen

:
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
I got this CEL yesterday its Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 1).
Does anyone know where this circuit/plug is located? Thanks in advance.

Found the problem. The plug for the VTCS was not pushed all the way in which is why it threw the circuit low code....not sure how it got that way though...CEL went off by itself. Everythings back to normal

Found the problem. The plug for the VTCS was not pushed all the way in which is why it threw the circuit low code....not sure how it got that way though...CEL went off by itself. Everythings back to normal

I have the exact same problem, and it happened not long after the timing belt was replaced, so it's possible they didn't plug this in all the way. Can you tell me where to look for this plug? Is it on the right or left side of the engine?

VTCS is the green plug on the passenger side sensor directly on top of the intake manifold, VICS is the white plug/sensor right next to it.

Binging back an old thread but I had the same problem tonight. I had it scanned and it also came up with Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 1). I checked both plugs (white/green) and they were in tight, I unplugged them both and everything inside was fine. All the plugs leading to the connectors seemed tight also. Any ideas?

I did check to see if the CEL went away by just idling the car for about 30seconds. Is that enough time?

Last edited:
I did a little routine maint. today (Clean MAF and seafoam) and decided to disconnect the battery to reset the ECU to see if the code would clear. The CEL stayed off for about 5min then came back on. I'm not sure what step to take next.
Also will affect the car in anyway? I've noticed that it smells like it's been running very rich..I get a VERY strong fume smell. Almost like I'm catless.

Try swapping the sensors, the VICS is far more important than the VTCS and the sensors are the same. I swapped them when I broke one of them on accident and never got a CEL. That wont really fix anything but it will tell you if the sensor is bad and you can replace it.

Thanks! I didn't even think of that.
So basically just swap the green sensor to the white and the white to the green?

I went to get in my car about an hour ago and took a 10 min drive and the CEL was off. I parked the car for ~30min started it back up and the CEL was back on. weird. Definitely sounds like a sensor. Just out of curiosity, is there anywhere other than a dealership that I could pick a sensor up from. I try everything I can to not give dealerships money.

I just bought one off the forum for about 15 bucks to replace the one I broke. Look for a part out, I only bought one from the guy I got it from so he may still have the other, I believe it was from a P5 part out.

Alright I didn't swap the sensors, but I swapped the lines that go to each one (same thing, right?). So far there is no CEL after driving about 10min (5 miles). I'll keep an eye on it to see if it comes back. If it doesn't come back on after swapping the lines what would that indicate?

Did the cel ever come back? My vics solenoid is bad but I'm pretty sure I have the vics and vtcs even though the mp3s don't have vtcs figured I could try swapping them if it works.

Nope. Still not on. I'm going to try switching them back to the original way and see if it'll come back on. If it does I'm not sure what step to take next.

Get a place to scan it see if you get p0660 that's what mine is throwing although it doesn't make the cel come on

Back