under the back seat?

I was browsing some installs and came across a Scion TC where they mounted the amps under the rear seat. Seems they had enough room under the seat to mount two amps. I am wondering if anyone had tried this wiht our cars? Is there enough room to mount some amps under hte back seat in our car?

er i wouldnt do that personally. the amps produce a lot of heat and it needs sufficent air surrounding them to desipate the heat. if not, you'll be prematurely replacing your amp. might not sound like the best suggestion, but screw the amp to the back of the rear seats behind your sub(s) if you have them. i have mine propped up slanted behind my sub in the rear. it never heats up past its mark. I've had my rockford fosgate 1100watt amp for about 3 years now running 75% power adjusted. never had a heating issue. just blown 2 subs with it :D

I was browsing some installs and came across a Scion TC where they mounted the amps under the rear seat. Seems they had enough room under the seat to mount two amps. I am wondering if anyone had tried this wiht our cars? Is there enough room to mount some amps under hte back seat in our car?

If you use one (or two) of the new small footprint amps you could put them under the front seat(s). There is almost zero space under the rear anyway. You can pull it to run wires, but that is about it.

Thanks all for the comments. I am reluctant to put amps under the front seats. I supose I am afraid they will get kicked by my back seat passangers. Failing to mount them under the rear seat I will problaby just build an amp rack into the floor of the hatch area like everyone else does.

Back