2008 CX-9 Brake Rotor replacement

Yeah i know that the price is for two rotors. What i was wondering is are they better than the centric rotors? I can purchase the two centric rotors for about 59 dollars and get ceramic pads for about another 50. Also the price for the pair is the same as what they would charge for a pair of original mazda rotors. Are these rotors better than the original mazda rotors or the centric ones? I am asking so that i can be able to get a good set once the time comes which will be very soon. Thanks again for the info.

To lindy the centric front rotors that they have listed on the car parts wholesale website are of a different number. Are they any good? The rear rotors have the same number that you had mentioned in your post and are only 40 bucks. That is a pretty good deal. I am still debating as i would like to know if those front rotors are the same as the ones you had put on your cx9. You also said that you was quoted by the dealer 110 bucks for each front rotor. They have them in mazda parts.org for 70.85 each rotor for both the front and the rear.

If you are going with the centric premiums you need to order the exact part numbers listed. I went round and round with a car parts place, listed in another one of my posts, about the part they were selling. I believe it ended with a 45 or something. That is the rotor for a mazda 626 and it is noticabley smaller in diameter than the correct front rotor. the $110 for rears was a dealership quote. You will notice that the rear rotors are slighty more in cost than the front. Gotta go, but I will post back later.

My CX9 is also ready for brake work, again. The dealer repaced the fronts at 30K under warranty for warpage. Now warped again at 38K. I've got a new set of OE pads front and rear sitting in the garage, but I'll need new front rotors, minimum, maybe even rears.

To the member shooting instructions for rotor replacement, could you please send to kphilippou1@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Also the store gives a limited 2 year warranty, 100% refund year 1 for defects and 80% the 2nd year, wonder if warping would be a "defect".

The rotors are listed as premium but it doesn't say anything about black hub. Does it state that there? even if not it is still a good deal since it is only 31 dollars each. The brake pads i will get the duralast ceramic gold which has a lifetime warranty. And they are only 25 bucks more but i will be able to get free replacements forever.

It looks like 121.45045 is the standard rotor, it appears this one does NOT have the black hub ASFAIK

Has anybody here with severee brake judder on a hot rotor been able to get away with replacing only the front rotors to eliminate the problem, or is the culprit the rear rotors as well. Just trying to decide whether to order the Centrix fronts, or order the rears as well. There may be higher end pads available, but this time I'll have to use factory pads which I already have. Note: be careful when ordering pads from a Mazda dealer, there is one part number for the original replacement, and another part number for a "value Line" pad (at least for the fronts) that is cheaper in price and presumably quality.

Also, does anybody here have instructions for rotor replacement they might be willing to e-mail me? Thanks.

I may have found my answer
generic_OES_601.JPG

I may have found my answer
generic_OES_601.JPG

I had to drill those screws out on 3 out of 4 fronts...I dont think they serve a purpose as the wheel will hold the rotor on just fine....I just replaced my front and it seems to have mostly corrected the problem, however after looking at the condition of the front rotors/pads I decided to order the rear too, which i'll be installing next week....I have the instructions, but i'm not sure the guy who made them would want me giving them out without his permission? Also on his instructions he doesn't show that you really need a c-clamp to push the pads back in...Also, some of the bolts are on there so tight that you have to have a nice rachet and give them a good kick

I went through all the pages of this post, and could never determine what brand of rotors 3XV (the very first post) got for his cx-9...they don't appear to be the centric?

Oops

I just ordered Centric Rotors CE120.45045 (listed as Premium with the black hub) and CE105.12580 Centric Ceramic Front Pads from www.theautopartsshop.com

Subtotal: $102.09
Shipping: $17.34
Tax: $0.00
Total: $119.43

My Previous post "If you are going with the centric premiums you need to order the exact part numbers listed by me. I went round and round with a car parts place, listed in another one of my posts, about the part they were selling. I believe it ended with a 45 or something. That is the rotor for a mazda 626 and it is noticabley smaller in diameter than the correct front rotor.

Good luck with that purchase. Let me us know when you return it, unless you have a Mazda 929 or 626. Please look at the 929 and 626 on the centric site. At this point I will not keep pushing Centric rotors even though I love them. It is beginning to seem that I am working/pushing them. It woud be sweet if I got a commission, but alas I have no affiliation. I just point those items to which I know that are good for me. Believe me there are better quality products out there. It is just a call on price vs. quality. BTW for those that do have new rotors installed by mechanics, I do recomend that you drive the car home and release the lug nuts a bit and torque them to standard. Take a drive for a few miles and them re-check torque. I use 90 ft-lbs (my preference), but there is a range already listed in this forumn.

Please PM me if you have serious questions and I will be glad to assist. Good luck.

I'll look at the diameters etc, I have used Centric before and will use again, I guess the company will pay for return shipping if that is the case for listing the wrong part. We'll see!

Back