transmission hesitation

don't blow up on me, i searched, but nothing similar to what i'm experiencing. after a heavy snow fall a couple days ago i set the parking brake in my driveway. the next day i released the parking brake and drove off as usual. as soon as i left i noticed the throttle and/or tranny were bucking and hesitating in every gear, mostly under 3k rpm's. i took off the battery terminals and thought reflashing the ecu would help. it didn't and it's been going on for a couple days now.

as i stated in another post i'll be heading to the dealership on friday to have this and another issue looked at.

i'd like to see if i could get any feedback first. reflash? tsb?

Brakes did not release fully. I would not set a parking brake in freezing weather unless absolutly necessary.

thanks erhayes - that might be it. but wouldn't the parking brake indicator be on? maybe not.

it's been in the 50's the last couple days and i've driven a couple times. i'm not smelling any brake burn or anything.

unplugging the battery does not reflash the ECU, it resets it. I would check with the dealer to see if there are any reflashes (firmware updates) for the ECU, as well as the TCM, as the transmission has a computer on those things as well.

I wonder if it is just rust on the rotor or a sticking caliper.

Latest posts

Back