mazdaspeed seats vs. stock protege seats

dodgetech81

Potential Scammer!
:
2003.5 MSP
does anyone know if there is a difference in the speed seats and the reg protege seats.besides the covers itself?im planning on doing some new skins and no one lists mazdaspeed covers just reg protege covers so i am assuming that they just fit a different cover over the orignal seats?

does anyone know if there is a difference in the speed seats and the reg protege seats.besides the covers itself?im planning on doing some new skins and no one lists mazdaspeed covers just reg protege covers so i am assuming that they just fit a different cover over the orignal seats?

the covers are the only real difference.

the covers are the only real difference.

much thanks.do u sell interior packages?i wouldnt mind sending money your way
and um.i just got off the phone with the dealer after 30 mins of them searching and they say they are different besides the skins.have you seen reg protege seat skins used on speed seats?or done it yourself?

Last edited:
they fit, i've seen it done. you're best bet is to buy a whole set of seats from a wrecked car. the skins cost a fortune new. if you want, i can price up a whole set for you. i'm sure you know you'll need hogrings and hogring pliers etc to fit em right. i personally suck at installing seat covers.

i just scanned ebay and car-part for seats. nothing. thats odd honestly. there are usually some on the forums.

ya for the seats and the carpet MY cost at the dealer is $1580.00.i was going to stay with the same factory seats but thats just nuts for a stock replacement.as far as hogrings and what not i am very good with interior skins.im set on the skins being new not used.as far as getting them from a wrecked car they would more then likely be in worse shape then what i have .if u seen my interior you would prob call me nuts for even replacing it but i am because of stupid imperfections.i found this place and i will prob go this way http://www.leatherseats.com/products2.asp?c=&id=347
ill go with the suade middle so i dont burn my ass in the summer.also i will be installing heated seat kits along with the massage kit.even though i only drive my car till november and doesnt get back on the road till about now lol. but thats just me

i'll have to throw in that i honestly think the seats are different. for 1, normal protege seats (or at least the ES seats) feel more comfy to me and appear to have a little more cushion. i don't see a reason why you cant fit a msp seat cover onto a normal seat with a little patients.

I would think all the seats are the same since car manufactures are all about saving money but maybe they switched the cushion material for some reason to make the es and p5 more comfy

Back